Role & Purpose
BAE Systems’ DataBridge 6 is a market leading Lawful Intercept (LI) solution for deployment within a CSP’s network. Communications Service Providers (CSPs) are in the spotlight like never before. As terrorists and organised criminals make increasing use of social media and smartphones to facilitate their crimes and activities, the data they generate – which is transported by CSPs – is of huge value to Law Enforcement and National Security Agencies. It now forms a key element in their efforts to monitor threats, detect crimes and investigate and prosecute criminals.
The DataBridge team requires a Software Developer with strong Java and server development experience to aid in the design, build, test and deployment of our solution for our customers. This will involve high levels of interaction and coordination with the engineering team and a drive to improve our product and processes.
What will you be doing?
- Working within a medium sized multi-disciplinary team in a working environment that covers:
- Customer / project based software development work;
- Rapid proto-typing and development of demonstration systems;
- Technical contribution to bids including estimation;
- Customer support and fault investigation.
What are we looking for?
- A broad technical background: someone who can investigate, design, develop and test software;
- A highly motivated problem-solver with a strong desire to approach a problem in a hands-on, practical manner;
- Excellent team working abilities;
- Be a key contributor to our teams, actively participating in creative thinking, conversation and debate;
- Quickly learn and apply new technologies;
- Someone who can think on their feet;
- Good level of experience with at least one programming language, ideally:
- Server development experience e.g. Spring framework.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment;
- Excellent team working abilities including an understanding of other roles in the team and how to help each other.
- Knowledge or experience in the following frameworks: Java Spring, React, Redux;
- Experience of web UI development with a framework (e.g. React);
Understanding of software test approaches, frameworks, tools and test automation techniques; ideally at a range of levels: unit, integration and system test;
Virtualisation: standing up Virtual Machines, networking etc;
- Deployment technologies: Ansible / Docker;
- An understanding of the principles of version control and release management. Ideally with experience of a version control tool such as Git;
- An understanding of Agile practices and frameworks.
- Creative to assist with UX Designs
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.