Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
£40,000-£50,000 dependent on experience plus bonus and benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Typical dynamic working arrangements for this role is around 50/50 (2-3 days per week in the office and at home) depending on project/business requirements.
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to join a dynamic and forward thinking manufacturing team to deliver complex manufacturing projects.What we're looking for from you:
- Accomplished Project Manager with a proven track record in the delivery of fixed cost programmes, within a matrix organisation.
- Substantial stakeholder management experience, interfacing and effectively influence customers and suppliers as well as briefing to senior management level in order to respond to complex situations.
- Experience of management of project scope, identifying deviations and negotiation of changes and their impact on the overall project.
- An eye for detail, able to identify risks and opportunity trends within in cost, schedule and quality data and able formulate plans in order to mitigate risk and deliver opportunities.
- Enthusiastic and pro-active individual who can prioritise and understand strategic business needs as well as managing the day-to-day tactical decisions.
- Experience in the compilation of bid and estimates based on previous products or by working with design and engineering teams on new product definitions.
- Able to construct and maintain project plans and familiar with project planning software such as Primavera or Microsoft Project
Here's what's in it for you
- The role will provide many stimulating challenges, personal development opportunities and the chance to influence decisions at senior levels
- Being a key member of the project management team you will have the opportunity to collaborate with other team members, challenge the norm and implement change within the organisation
- MBDA values its employee's personal and professional development and therefore provides opportunities for both on the job training, e-learning and classroom learning in a variety of technical and managerial subjects.
- The opportunity to gain professional accreditation via the PMI.
Join a great team!
- Planning, facilitating and taking responsibility for the success of manufacturing projects, associated with high technology products to schedule, cost and quality.
- Taking accountability for the Master Manufacturing Delivery Plan, ensuring alignment with customer demand.
- Clearly articulating the delivery plan to the operations team by maintaining accurate sales orders on the MRP system (SAP).
- Developing and maintaining key relationships with customers and key subcontractors.
- Ensuring accurate reporting of progress against all aspects of project performance up to senior management level.
- Keeping control of the programme scope ensuring alignment of funding to deliver the plan.
- Preparing and maintaining contract risk and opportunity plans/budgets.
What to expect:
- The respective project teams are ready to welcome an intelligent and motivated Project Manager that can ensure Customer expectations and needs are exceeded on a consistent basis.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.