WHAT TO EXPECT
Body Engineering is one of the larger teams within the Jaguar Land Rover Product Development organisation. The department has complete responsibility for the design and development of all Jaguar and Land Rover Interior and Exterior systems from concept design through to volume production. With an increasing emphasis on virtual development techniques the department utilises advanced CAD and CAE to support the product development process. A role within Body Engineering involves working with a wide range of materials and construction techniques, challenging functional and cost targets and significant liaison with all internal areas of our business as well as external component and system suppliers.
This position presents an exciting opportunity to become part of a unique and evolving department within Body Engineering, developing advanced feature strategies and leading content delivery across many programs. In this role you will be exposed to a variety of components, systems, suppliers and cross PD functions, playing a key part in driving robustness and quality into Cabin Systems and Safety Components development
Reporting to the departmental Group Leader and/or Programme Module Leader within the Cabin Systems and Safety Components area the successful candidate will be involved across all elements of Cabin Systems and Safety Components design and development and also play a key part within the Agile Squad organisation - both on-programmes and off-cycle.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Support in the concept development and design and development problem resolution for both Core Team and Vehicle Programmes, with the use of virtual engineering tools.
* To be part of the vehicle programme geometric and engineering development from concept to Design Release including ‘Make to Print' commodities.
* Support and assist Computer Aided Design (CAD) Engineers and non-Computer Aided Design Engineers in defining the information required to produce robust design models and system / sub-system solutions.
* Ability to utilise Associative Vehicle Architecture (AVA) models and networks to assist in the design and development process.
* Undertake any other work as directed by your line manager and Agile squad members in connection with your job as may be requested.
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* Good IT skills with significant experience of using a range of virtual engineering toolsets.
* Skilled experience level with Catia v5/v6 and Teamcenter/Enovia toolsets.
* Previous programme or project delivery experience.
* Knowledge and experience of the range of component technologies and design verification processes used within Cabin Systems and Safety Components development.
* A relevant degree or demonstration of equivalent technical experience.
* A knowledge of Cabin Systems and / or Safety Components vehicle content.
* Some knowledge of the associated standards and legal requirements with respect to Cabin Systems and / or Safety Components development.
* Be able to demonstrate influencing and engagement skills.
* Experience of concept design generation and the ability to develop feasible engineering proposal using ‘work-in-progress' design surfaces, engineering sections and other inputs.