WHAT TO EXPECT
We're reinventing what tomorrow looks like at Jaguar Land Rover. There's a revolution underway in our industry - and we're leading it. We've always been innovators. But our future will be driven by the possibilities created by new technologies as never before.
Jaguar Land Rover has long pushed the boundaries of technology. Now digital innovation lies at the heart of our business - because it is central to our future strategy.
We are looking for someone to help us realise our business vision of a cloud-native Digital Vehicle that will provide our customers, suppliers and partners with seamless connected services delivered through an industry-leading global platform.
As a Solution Architect, you will be responsible for defining and communicating the structure and dynamics of a solution sufficient to meet the requirements of the various key stakeholders.
The Successful candidate will identify and highlight architectural risk and provide recommendations for mitigation as well as enabling the agile delivery teams to work effectively through a clear understanding of the separation of concerns and system dependencies.
As a valued member of our Global Digital Development Centre, you will be contributing to the strategic direction of the technology and solutions delivered.
* Continually collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure needs will be met in the architecture
* Providing direction through the definition of target and transition architectures to satisfy the perspectives of different stakeholders
* Identifying technical and architectural risk and defining the solution options for mitigation
* Identifying the need for key design decisions (KDDs) and managing their path through architecture governance
* Validating KDDs through the execution of architectural prototypes in collaboration with software engineering
* Evolving the system architecture based on new demand and architectural prototyping
* Continually exploring and sharing technology opportunities that will improve the physical architecture and help drive further value for the business
* Continually defining and evolving reference architectures and design patterns that drive standardisation, architectural reuse and architecture development productivity
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* Educated to bachelor's degree level or above in a Computer Science or engineering related subject.
* Strong experience in a similar role delivering, describing, and governing end-to-end systems architecture.
* Experience in a leadership position, providing vision and direction across small to medium sized teams.
* Solid experience of the solution architecture discipline, ideally as part of a recognised agile SDLC.
* Experience of developing architecture using a recognised framework, e.g. TOGAF.
* The successful candidate will ideally have a solid background within software engineering.
* Experience with Data intensive applications.
* Familiarity with Cloud-native and Message-driven architectures.
* Experience with Real-time data and stream processing.
* Exposure to Micro services and IOT architectures
* Knowledge of Relational, non-relational databases (NoSQL), time-series databases, data lakes and analytics
* Exposure to a range of Industry standard architecture development methods and modelling languages
* An excellent communicator who can communicate complex ideas
* An effective team player, actively leads, develops, and supports team members
* An individual who is results driven, demonstrates, tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment
* An individual who is able to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
* An individual with the ability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with longer term planning
* An individual who is resilient, energetic and enthusiastic, able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs
* Work in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
* Maintain a focus on customer service and quality at all times
* Strong numeracy and literacy and proficiency in the use of Information Technology