Jaguar Land Rover is looking for an Electric Drive Unit "EDU" System Development Engineer to join their hi-tech global workforce to work on their EDU thermal cooling system and its requirements. This exciting opportunity is part of our leading BEV projects and will involve working on the next generation of in-house manufactured Electric Drive Units, based in Whitley, England.
We are looking for an EDU System Development Engineer who has a strong understanding of thermal system requirements and EDU systems and their sub-systems. The right candidate should have experience in working with cooling performance, electrified powertrain, E-machine, or EV battery systems. Knowledge of working with ISO 26262 or within the automotive industry would also be advantageous to anyone interested in this position, but not essential.
The purpose of this role is to work on the design, development, and validation of the EDU thermal system. The EDU Thermal system will also have to support the system integration of Electric Machine, Inverter, and Gearbox from a Cooling system perspective.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Good relevant experience of working in a Thermal Systems Engineering environment
* Knowledge of E-machine/Inverters/Electric Drive Unit System and means to cool/lubricate them.
* Relevant experience in system definition, system architecture development, requirements specification, design/performance modelling, systems integration, system assessment, and acceptance criteria.
* Knowledge and understanding of the cooling and lubrication system components, e.g. Pump, HEX, Sensors, and their control strategies
* Requirements Management (RM)
* Good verbal and written communications
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Effective team player with strong interpersonal skills
* Relevant degree
* A PhD level of education with relevant industrial research is preferred
Experience in CAE methods and processesSimulinkAMESimGT CFD
* Experience in applying Systems Engineering and in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach
* Model-based engineering (MBE)
* Experience in IBM Rational DOORS