WHAT TO EXPECT
To provide an exceptional driving experience, every chassis component needs be honed to perfection. That includes Vehicle Dynamics, Suspension Systems, Compliant Mounts, Wheels and Tyres
This role works towards the delivery of the Vehicle Dynamics customer experience through managing quality activities on Vehicle Dynamics programmes. You will act as the point of contact for the Programme team and be the team's expert in quality processes and deliverables. The position requires a high level of interaction with the Programme teams, Vehicle Engineering team, the Vehicle Dynamics Project Leaders and Launch teams.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Act as the ‘Voice of the Customer' and the conscience of the Engineering teams across your assigned programmes.
* Create methods and tools to track Vehicle Dynamics customer quality performance, through analysis of warranty claims, TGW, NCBS, JD Power and FMS data
* Be the key point of contact for ITP within Vehicle Dynamics, responsible for coordinating a timely response to ITP issues, generating reports and presenting status in senior forums
* Report the Quality status at relevant programme forums to the Vehicle Programme Directors, Vehicle Engineering Managers, Programme Managers and Programme Teams.
* Coordinate and Champion prevent recurrence activities for previous process and quality escapes
* Drive best practice and process improvements to increase customer satisfaction and deliver products more efficiently including auditing the robustness of key processes on programmes.
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* A high level of analytical ability to identify customer issues in order to proactively influence programmes.
* An understanding of the structure and timings with PCDS.
* Good project management skills.
* Experience in driving results through team working.
* Good written and verbal communication skills to enable communication across all levels of the business.
* Good presentation skills to represent Quality Engineering at senior level meetings.
* The ability to self-manage multiple programmes and meet redefined timings.
* Interest in the automotive industry, competitors, markets and technologies.
* An understanding of key customer metrics, e.g. Warranty, JD Power, CQI, etc.
* Knowledge of Quality Operating Systems procedures & deliverables
* Educated to Degree level in an Engineering or Quality related subject (preferred but not essential).
* Microsoft package elements Power Point & Excel
* Proficient in the use of Tableau and Google Cloud Platform
* Ability to deliver presentations to work groups and senior management
* A level of Six Sigma qualification.