WHAT TO EXPECT
Within Body Engineering, the Door Mechanisms team is responsible for design, validation and release of exterior mirrors, doors access system and sunblind.
Reporting to the Door Access Mechanism Group Leader with matrix reporting to the Programme Module Leader, you will lead the engineering design, technical development, and delivery of the Door closures system - Full delivery responsibility for one or more of the following commodities: Door Latch system, Exterior and Interior Handles, Door blind mechanism for Jaguar and Land Rover new programmes or On-going Program Development (OPD).
As a Lead Engineer, you will lead the design and development of mechatronic components that meet performance targets and deliver robust Engineering sign off. You will be responsible for resolving compatibility with A-surfaces for technical feasibility, surrounding component packaging and will be working with vehicle attribute teams to develop designs that meet vehicle targets. You will ensure all appropriate Jaguar Land Rover standards are met through-out design maturation and provide input into new feature development. You will manage cross functional and supplier teams to support virtual and prototype builds, production launch and PSW.
The role requires a high level of detailed product design engineering knowledge, project management and communication skills.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Lead the cross functional project team of Jaguar Land Rover stakeholder and suppliers
* Work with other design functions to deliver interface requirements and system level targets
* Work to performance targets and Jaguar Land Rover standards
* Manage the delivery from project start until PSW is achieved
* Ensure engineering completion against the programme timing milestones
* Complete engineering releases in line programme timing and supplier timing to meet build and PSW requirements
* Work with Purchasing and Cost Engineering to deliver cost targets
* Deliver Engineering sign off through DVP and EBERs and report DV progress through RMDV
* Work with stakeholders such as Vehicle Engineering, Manufacturing, and Service to ensure compatibility
* Lead cross functional project team meetings in line with JLR cadence. Complete eAPQP. Support Module Team and other Jaguar Land Rover meetings as required.
* Support vehicle builds and support launch until PSW is achieved.
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* Strong project management skills and experience of component management.
* Experience of component design to deliver performance attributes (durability, stiffness, weight, cost)
* Effective communication and team working skills.
* Technical knowledge of automotive closure mechatronic systems
* Previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment.
* Experience in creating and reviewing component drawings with knowledge of datum systems and tolerances
* Catia V5/V6/Tce/Digibuck design capability
* Driving licence required
* Candidates will ideally be educated to degree level.
* Jaguar Land Rover release systems, AIMS, WERS, PACNs, smartsheet.
* Knowledge of CAE and other virtual processes
* Knowledge in System Engineering
* Experience in component rig validation and interpreting data
* Experience in managing a varied workload across numerous programmes.
* Ability to use data to drive decisions and make contributions to discussions at all levels.
* Experience of determining and setting technical direction.