Bolton MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defenceSalary: Up to £50k DOE + Bonus + Excellent BenefitsHybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working - such as two days in the office per weekThe opportunity:
This is an exciting opportunity for a PCB Technologist to drive the development of our electronic design and manufacturing capability delivering our highly complex electronic sub-systems, from concept through to full production.
As part of MBDA's Electronic Engineering function, PCB Technologists are responsible for providing a technical support service for all internal programs and developing new technologies across all areas of PCB design, manufacture and assembly. This is a unique opportunity to develop an extensive technical skill set unlike anywhere else in industry.The role:
Working in a supportive environment alongside Technical Experts, you will support a varied portfolio of electronic design and manufacturing technologies. This will require you to -
- Exploit emerging materials and technologies for use in our industry
- Work collaboratively with internal partners and external suppliers, visiting as necessary
- Lead and support the development and evaluation of new processes and equipment
- Advise on manufacturability and techniques for extreme environments
- Negotiate and influence to adopt alternative solutions where production problems exist
- Participate in and provide expert advice during MBDA design reviews
- Define best practice and manage the adoption of agreed methodologies
The PCB Technologist will be adaptable and determined in providing a service, supporting all aspects of Component Engineering, PCB Layout and CCA manufacture. It requires close collaboration with all stakeholders (internal and external) against agreed timescales to meet project deliverables.What we're looking for from you:
What to expect:
- Ideally HNC/HND/Degree qualified in a subject relevant to the role or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of PCB Design, Manufacture and Assembly processes
- Strong communication skills to facilitate regular face to face and electronic communications with all relevant stakeholders
- Ability/flexibility to travel to other locations when required
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.