WHAT TO EXPECT
Body Engineering is one of the larger teams within the Jaguar Land Rover Product Development organisation. The department has complete responsibility for the design and development of all Jaguar and Land Rover Interior and Exterior systems from concept design through to volume production.
With an increasing emphasis on virtual development techniques the department utilises advanced CAD and CAE to support the product development process. A role within Body Engineering involves working with a wide range of materials and construction techniques, challenging functional and cost targets and significant liaison with all internal areas of our business as well as external component and system suppliers.
This position presents an exciting opportunity to become part of a unique and evolving department within Body Engineering, developing advanced feature strategies and leading content delivery across many programs. In this role you will be exposed to a variety of components, systems, suppliers and cross PD functions, playing a key part in driving robustness and quality into the Exterior Trim team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Development of CAD and CAE development tools for Exterior Trim components and systems - in collaboration with the cross-functional teams
* Responsibility in collaboration with a cross-functional team, for the delivery of feasible CAD / CAE tools and concepts. This will involve use of advanced functions in the CAD softwares as well as other necessary tools to create automated geometry creation and assessment tools such as CAE templates, AVA tools and power copies.
* Timely delivery of 2D & 3D geometry that meets the Design Rules and requirements
* Release of tools into the CAD / Lead Engineer teams and work with them to utilise the tools
* Undertake any other appropriate work as directed by your line manager in connection with your job as may be requested.
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* Proficient IT skills with significant experience of using virtual engineering tools
* Highly proficient in complex 3D geometry creation using Catia v6 and Enovia
* Experience with CAE / CAD / AVA tools development
* Technical and practical knowledge of Automotive Body Engineering commodities
* Be able to demonstrate influencing and engagement skills
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
* Experience in CAE template creation
* A working knowledge of related engineering and programme processes
* Familiarity with Dassault Systems 3DExperience