WHAT TO EXPECT
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Software Integration & Test Specialist, someone that has experience developing, integrating, and testing software for embedded high integrity systems, to address the challenge of "how to we work in an Agile way, leveraging new technology where we can, to get software products to market quicker; whilst maintaining robust high-integrity software development without cutting corners".
Jaguar Land Rover is looking for someone that has experience and knowledge in safety-critical software development, that is willing to keep an open mind and challenge their current beliefs and/or assumptions, to develop new ways-of-working, that combine the pace of DevOps with the learnings of embedded safety critical software development.
As a Software Integration & Test Specialist, you will be responsible for the technical leadership of a new Agile Software Engineering Delivery Framework, including ways of working, standards, processes and guidance for our EVA Continuum platform and you will be expected to represent the Systems Engineering Delivery Platform in wider business discussions, and be hands-on with development, definition, and documentation.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Apply system thinking and engineering knowledge to define & manage software verification strategies.
* Author robust product standardisation documentation for software verification and validation.
* Understand and exploit trends in software verification & validation relevant to the safety critical community.
* Enforcement of policies, principles and guidelines for multiple safety critical projects, including the definition of the Software Verification Process, Software Test Strategies, and software testing know-how (e.g. MC/DC).
* Ensure continuous improvement through effective lessons learned, knowledge capture and process development compliant with ISO26262.
* Owning technical approval of software verification & validation test standards, processes and strategies.
* Participating in technical reviews and audits to maintain departmental and company standards & procedures.
* Define software verification strategies and support software development strategies and tool qualification strategies (termed "plans" by ISO26262).
* Establish and deploy best technical practice, knowledge transfer in terms of formal training and mentoring.
* Working closely with the Software Quality Support team; participating in global process standardisation and business-wide improvements.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* A sound appreciation of the underlying principles of software verification for complex embedded systems.
* Prior experience performing software verification and validation testing of safety-critical software.
* Thorough knowledge of ISO26262 (specifically part 6), DO-178 or other equivalent software safety guidelines.
* Demonstrated operating at senior levels in a safety critical software verification domain
* Understand the issues associated with verification, validation, and delivery of complex systems
* Be interested and motivated in mentoring and developing others
* Expertise in Application Lifecycle Management systems
* Prior knowledge/experience managing software Quality Management Systems
* Knowledge of industry-standard software verification tools and techniques, and a critical appreciation of their strengths and weaknesses