Are you looking for an exciting and challenging new role?
Do you want to work for a company that is striving to Lead the North West to Zero Carbon?
If the answer is yes to the above, then come and join us at Electricity North West.
We are currently looking for someone to join the Strategic Radio Planning and Design team who are involved in the planning of UK critical infrastructure radio projects to support the UK security of electricity supply.
This is a great opportunity and you will be responsible for planning and design of digital and analogue radio systems, providing system level designs to satisfy the operational needs of the business.
What are we looking for?
- HNC- Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience on network design of RF systems within a commercial, substation or equivalent environment i.e. military.
- Proven track record of contractual, commercial and financial aspects of procurement processes.
- Experience of working with planning authorities particularly Class G of Part 17 to Schedule 2 of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995).
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of commercial awareness to system design and the impact of services offered.
- Must hold a full driving licence and be willing to travel in the UK region although the majority of travel will be in the North West.
- Good knowledge of Analogue and Digital radio systems including awareness of MPT1411, MPT1327, point to point and point to multipoint communication systems. Including installation, testing and commissioning.
- Sound understanding of radio propagation theory and modelling.
- Antenna design and implementation principles.
A full role profile is available from firstname.lastname@example.org
What we are offering: -
A competitive salary, a colleague bonus scheme, a market leading contribution pension scheme, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to a maximum of 30 days plus a variety of flexible benefits including buying and selling holidays and the opportunity for career development.
If successful in your application, we will require additional information in order to complete a number of pre-employment checks before the offer can become unconditional. Any unconditional offer of employment with Electricity North West is subject to satisfactory checks. Due to the nature of this role the checks will be a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
If successful in your application, you may be required to complete additional employment checks before the offer can become unconditional. Due to the nature of this role the additional checks will be a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
We would encourage you to submit an early application as we reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
We do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. Any received we will assert ownership of the candidate and no fee will be payable.
Salary £49,944.96 to £59,076.84 dependent on experience.
To apply please click on the Apply button.