National Security Manchester Overview
The National Security business in Manchester is growing and there are an increasing number of opportunities to work with a range of National Security clients to provide solutions that have a real impact.
Be part of a growing team that not only delivers for its clients but also gives back to the community with plenty of opportunities to get involved with local community engagement and outreach activities to help build tech and cyber skills in the region.
Lead Software Engineer
We are looking for experienced Lead Software Engineers to join our team following continuous growth and success in the UK Government sector.
What you could be doing for us:
- Designing, codes, tests, corrects and documents simple programs, and assists in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered information or communications system
- Providing accurate estimates of development effort needed to design, code and test software from given specifications
- Leading a team of junior-mid level developers, providing oversight and mentoring where applicable
- Logically analysing code defects and produces timely code fixes
What background are we looking for?
- The desire to solve complex technical problems, helping our customers achieve their goals
- Someone who has the aspiration to learn new skills and better themselves where possible
- Knowledge of some cloud engineering such as AWS, Docker, Microservices ect is desirable but not essential
- The ability to work as part of a team, knowledge share and be involved with our Agile ways of working
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- You can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
- Feel free to join in with some of our monthly social events ranging from: ‘First Friday’, Lunch & Learns (free pizza/snacks), Tech Talks and much more.
You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
If this sounds like you, it’s time to apply…