Technical Consultant role offers an opportunity to work within international team of Consultants preparing NetReveal to derive intelligence from high volume customer data. NetReveal, our flagship product is constantly gaining market dominance in the detection and prevention of financial crime and fraud. It has also been shown to be applicable in credit risk as well as counter-terrorism, anti-money laundering and other investigative functions.
The role of the NetReveal Technical Consultant is to provide the critical skills necessary to implement, integrate, upgrade, administer, support and extend NetReveal applications. NetReveal Technical Consultants take ownership of one or more areas of delivery within proof of concepts, analysis and design phases, refreshes, implementations and upgrades.
What you will be doing
The key responsibilities of a Technical Consultant are to:
- Designing architecture, developing and documenting configurations for the NetReveal Application, application environment etc,
- Deliver high quality work to meet client expectations, project deadlines and
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Provide knowledge to end clients' technical staff of the functionality of one or more core NetReveal modules
- Create the NetReveal project environments mirroring the hardware and software stack to be used on client site
- Deploy NetReveal application releases onto the NetReveal project environment and on client site when required
- Building and perform unit test cases
- Capturing and documenting requirements, installation guides
- Adhere to and enhance software development approaches and methodologies
- Engage in various projects delivering NetReveal products
What we are looking for
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience or equivalent in a technical role such as programming, technical/IT support, software installation
- Degree in a technical discipline such as computer science
- Previous experience of installing software, setting up development environments
- Very good knowledge of SQL and in-depth experience of databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL Server and performance tuning at a database level
- Good knowledge of enterprise operating systems
- Coding or scripting experience (PL/SQL, Java knowledge is a strong advantage)
- Knowledge of software development project tools, principles and techniques.
- Understanding of Java and J2EE architectures
- Excellent communication skills and experience of team working and problem solving skills
- Good command of English ( min B2)
- Technical troubleshooting skills
- Confidence in presenting complex technical solutions
- Experience / knowledge of application servers such as Websphere, Weblogic, Apache Tomcat, JBoss
- XML and real time messaging queues and systems (JMS, MQ)
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of financial institutions technical environments
- Fluency in spoken another European language would be a strong advantage
- A flexible approach to solving client problems and a commitment to high quality deliverables
A competitive package consisting of a base salary, superannuation, bonus and generous company benefits including:
- private medical care
- lunch voucher
- multi-sport card
- social events
- cross company free share program
- life insurance
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.
Division overview: Financial Services
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the financial sector is one of the biggest targets for cyber-attacks. Our Financial Services business unit is responsible for all of our clients in the financial sector and handle all areas of these relationships. AI’s Financial Services Division helps banks, insurers and other major financial institutions to combat fraud, unauthorised trading and money laundering, and meets their regulatory compliance obligations.
As a member of the Financial Services business unit, you will be responsible for providing critical services to clients in the financial sector and ensure that we remain a leading name in cyber security. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.