Process Engineer Hydrogen & CCUS
Location – Swindon, UK
Contract Type – Permanent
Working Hours – Full time
Closing Date – 05 September 2022
- Successfully drive projects forward with expertise in hydrogen and Power2x and/or Carbon Capture, Utilisation and Storage (CCUS).
- Error analysis and troubleshooting in a broad specialist area within a renowned company that is shaping the energy transition
- Preparation of feasibility studies - also for research and development projects
- Elaboration of specifications of plants and systems as well as carrying out due diligence
- Inspection of technical systems and assessment of defects incl. development of solutions
- Optimisation of CCUS processes and technologies compared to current state of the art
Knowledge & Skills
- Successfully completed degree in mechanical engineering, process engineering, energy engineering, chemical engineering or comparable
- Recognition as an expert in the field of hydrogen and Power2x as well as carbon capture, utilisation and storage
- Several years of professional experience in operation, maintenance and or challenging projects with plant manufacturers or in the power plant environment
- Strong communication skills as well as persuasiveness and drive
- Willingness to travel at home and abroad
What we offer our people
As well as a competitive salary and impressive benefits package which includes a bonus opportunity, pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday, you’ll also get the opportunity to craft the future of our business. Along the way, we’ll give you all the support you desire to develop your skill set and achieve your long-term objectives.
To view a preview of our benefits site ‘YourHub’ and see some of the other benefits we have on offer please visit https://www.edenred.co.uk/campaigns/rwe-yourhub/index.html
Working at RWE
To find out more about what it’s like to work at one of Europe’s largest energy companies and what we are all about we have a wealth of information on our Careers pages. https://www.rwe.com/en/rwe-careers-portal
Here you can meet some of the team, find out more about Diversity at RWE, what your onboarding will look like and some FAQs.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation and to valuing the contribution that our employees make. We welcome and respect differences in culture, background, working style, education and other less obvious differences.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Our energy for a sustainable life
RWE has reliably supplied people and companies with electricity for more than 120 years. The way we generate power is changing fundamentally and RWE is driving this change. RWE is committed to be carbon-neutral by 2040, and to generating electricity in a clean, safe and affordable way.
RWE in the UK
We operate a large and diverse portfolio of power generation assets in the UK. We are the UK’s second largest generator of thermal flexible capacity, supplying around 10% of the UK’s electricity last year with 8.6GW of installed capacity. The portfolio includes the UK’s largest fleet of gas-fired power stations, along with a small amount of Biomass and Hydro plants.