Location – Swindon
Contract Type – Permanent
Working Hours – Full Time
Closing Date – 30 September 2022
Main Purpose of the Role
RWE Technology International GmbH is active in national and international projects and accompanies all project phases, from project development to acceptance and optimisation during operation. As a electrical engineering department, we support all projects across all technologies (including H2 generation, battery storage, combined cycle power plants) with know-how, commitment and the will to keep learning.
- Conceptional design of auxiliary power supply networks and electrical components in the sector of battery energy storage, hydrogen generation and electrical power generation
- Coordination of grid connection process with the grid operator
- Simulation of electrical networks
- Evaluation of the electrical equipment of grid and plant operators and development of optimization measures for plant operation
- Preparation of tender documents, bid review and bid evaluation
- Technical project management of electrotechnical lots, interface management, quality control of detailed planning and manufacturing
- Supervision of assembly and commissioning
Knowledge & Skills
- Completed degree in electrical engineering or comparable
- Several years of professional experience in engineering and construction of large-scale projects in the chemistry or power industry, plant operation or maintenance
- Strong communication skills as well as persuasive power and drive
- In-depth process knowledge of electrical generation and storage- as well as H2-Generation plants
- General knowledge in the field of decentralized electricity generation and storage and their behavior on the grid
- Willingness to travel in the country and abroad
Advantage, not a must
What we offer our people:
- Competitive salary and annual bonus of up to 15% of salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Company Paid Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Free access to our on-site gym facilities and classes
- Free parking (including electric vehicle charging points)
- Subsidised canteen facilities
- One free professional membership subscription
- Access to flexible benefits such as Critical Illness, Dental Plan, Health Cash Plan, Share Incentive Plan, Cycle2Work, Electric Car Lease Scheme, Buy Additional Annual Leave and retail savings scheme
- A personal retirement savings plan – if you put in 5% we will top up by a further 10% and you will get life assurance worth 4 x annual salary
- Flexible working time arrangements through hybrid working within the framework of operational possibilities
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
RWE represents change, innovation and sustainability. As one of the world’s leading generators of electricity from renewable energy sources, we aim to be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a sustainable life for people around the world. To achieve this, we are looking for dynamic and motivated people to join us in creating a sustainable and secure energy future.
RWE Technology International GmbH is a global leader for technical consultation services in the energy sector.
We help organisations shape their mining, thermal generation, renewable energies and plant operation activities more efficiently. We provide solutions along the project value chain that are tailored to the needs of our clients – from planning and construction to operation and dismantling of industrial energy plants. In doing so, we contribute to clean, reliable and affordable electricity – and a sustainable life.