Manufacturing Team Leader - Logistics Services
- Closing date
- 31 Aug 2022
- Electrical, Electronics, Manufacturing & Production, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: Up to £45,000 dependent on experience plus bonus and benefits
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Logistics / Stores Team Leader in Stevenage to manage and lead the Stores Teams as part of Logistics Services UK organisation.
A main part of the role is to lead the key teams in Stores to enable MBDA to control, manufacture and deliver product. Key responsibilities include controlling and managing the relative KPIs to ensure manufacturing needs are met through prioritisation of requests. You will also ensure all processes and policies are fit for purpose with the promotion of functional excellence.
What we're looking for
- Experience in a Supervisory role, ideally within a Stores Environment, including the co-ordination of resources to meet a demand
- While not essential, it would be beneficial to have an in depth knowledge of Stores processes
- Proven people management experience
- Demonstrable experience of leading and growing individuals and teams
- Ability to foster and maintain excellent working relationships with a wide range of Internal & External Stakeholders
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements in the area
- Experience in the development and maintenance of business processes
What's in it for you?
- An opportunity to join an inclusive & supportive team.
- This is a critical role to ensure MBDA's Logistics Services department is able to meet the demand placed upon it from the timely booking in of parts, to the successful Export Customer delivery
- Become part of a respected team of dedicated people that are internally and externally recognised for capability, determination and flexibility.
- Ideal for someone who enjoys a challenge and who wants to make an impact on delivery
- Help shape the future of the team; bring ideas, fresh insights and potentially new ways of working.
Join a great team!
The Logistics Services team has grown considerably in the past 3 years and with it has brought together a group of individuals with skills entailing Goods Inwards, Stores and Shipping. We have built a positive reputation for delivery and as a key support function to the wider MBDA.
We truly believe in a sense of team, and to meet the department's objectives teamwork plays a major part. The team are strong advocates of training & development being available to all.
What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert