WHAT TO EXPECT
The purpose of this role is to lead the electronics and software development of Exterior and Interior Lighting and component level diagnostics.
Working in Agile squads the role will involve the design and development of lighting devices as well as building upon the Jaguar Land Rover Lighting body of knowledge for electronics, software and diagnostics by developing methods, processes to support programme delivery.
In addition, support the wider Lighting team in problem resolution. Reporting into a Technical Specialist, the role requires the individual to deliver the commodity plan whilst balancing quality, cost, time and customer acceptance both internal and external to the Lighting team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Responsible for the electronic (software and hardware) design and development of Interior and Exterior lighting components.
* Responsible for diagnostics of components to identify root causes and implement fixes.
* Development, concept lamp development, Jaguar Land Rover lighting strategy and legal requirements.
* Ensure that lighting 3D data, simulations and measurements meet Jaguar Land Rover quality requirements and that Tier 1 suppliers provide robust data to meet internal gateways.
* Support Lead Engineers with rectification of issues.
* Support component sourcing.
* Provide input into new feature development.
* Provide input into new standards development, and new Product Design Specifications.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job.
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* Experience of automotive lighting embedded system design, lighting diagnostics and of leading technical issues within a project team environment.
* Circuit Design, PCB Design, Spice Simulations, C/C++ programming, Python
* Ability to rapidly prototype embedded boards for development
* Strong IT skills with significant experience of using virtual engineering tools.
* Technical and practical knowledge of Body Engineering commodities.
* Previous programme delivery experience, with strong influencing and engagement skills.
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred.
* Knowledge of ARM Cortex M4, PIC18, ATMEL architectures
* EMI Simulations
* Experience of concept generation and cross functionality problem resolution.
* Experience working in Agile product development methodology.