The role holder:
As part of NS UK Law Enforcement account, we have teams working on-site supporting critical national operational applications, systems and networks as well as developing new solutions to help tackle a broad variety of serious crime.
We have a great team on site who have worked closely with the client for many years. We have built a trusted relationship with this client over the years, their office is shiny and new, very close to the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and Stratford Westfield shopping centre, which has so many amenities.
There is a wide variety of work, constantly evolving with new technology. The individual will have the opportunity to make a real difference, as we work directly with the operational end users who work with partner agencies and also provide these important capabilities to another National LEA.
We are looking DevOps Engineers to join our team.
At the moment we are particularly keen on anyone who wants to lead a team, as well as engineers with at least 1 years’ experience in some of the technologies below (or equivalents) and are willing to learn.
Ways of Working:
- Due to the classification of the work, individuals have to be on site in Stratford at least 4 days a week, with the ability to work from home occasionally.
- The work requires SC clearance minimum but MoD DV is preferred, so if the individual is willing to go through MOD DV, this would be ideal.
- The DevOps engineer typically combines the skills of coding or scripting and process reengineering with exemplary team working and communication skills. The DevOps engineer should have a good breadth of knowledge across the disciplines of software development and how software is deployed.
The DevOps engineer is often the first port of call to diagnose and resolve problems, they need to be able to understand the causes of issues across a number of domains including infrastructure, code, networking and databases with enough knowledge to be able to fault find and identify the root cause.
Core Responsibilities involved:
- Incident management
- Application design and development
- Site reliability (observability, alerting, high-availability, self-healing systems etc.)
- Database administration
- Infrastructure provisioning
- Process automation
- Respond to change requests
Main Technologies involved (but not limited to):
- Oracle DB
- Docker (with Docker Swarm)
- Elastic Stack
- ESRI Maps
- Windows & Linux
Automation skills: Automation is a key skill domain for DevOps engineers, they need to be able to design, build and maintain automation solutions for building, testing, deploying application and infrastructure. Specific automation skills are:
- Continuous Integration – Skilled in the tooling and principles of continually building, testing and integrating the software that developers produce
- Continuous Deployment – Skilled in the automation of the deployment of the artefacts produced by the CI
- Cloud Management – Skilled in the design, deployment and management of Public or Private Cloud environments
- Configuration Management – Practice good configuration and source code control of all artefacts
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Applicants to this role must be amenable to obtain UK Government security clearance