Bristol MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defenceSalary: £40-50k Dependent on Experience
The Weapon System Equipment team are looking for System or Mechanical / Electrical /Aerospace Design Engineers, with a passion for excellence, to deliver our state of the art Air Defence Weapon System into immediate customers. You will use your engineering design and development experience to enable the continued delivery of the launcher platform and subsystems. In return you will be working for an experienced Chief Design Engineer, as we move the Weapon System into its full rate production phase, gaining transferrable experience in Systems Design and Certification, Weapon System Physical Architecture and Design for Production Engineering, all as part of a multi-disciplinary National and International team.
Our Equipment Authority ranges from full Weapon System delivery of the Launcher and any Supporting Vehicles / Infrastructure through to the individual authority over each Subsystem or Equipment. The role can be tailored depending on the experience you are wishing to gain but includes the following areas: mechanical / hydraulic elevation equipment, vehicle/platform interfaces, electronic processing boxes (general and custom computing and networks, power generation and power distribution.What we're looking for
Someone who can demonstrate:
What's in it for you?
- Systems or Mechanical / Electrical Design Engineering experience, looking to further their experience in Product delivery / ownership at an Equipment, Subsystem or System Design Authority level
- Good understanding of physical equipment design constraints (Size, Weight, Power, Electrical and Mechanical Interfaces) and an understanding of their impact of land-based weapon system performance
- Ability to negotiate deviation to requirements and report impact to existing evidence / compliance for equipment.
- Interpreting manufacturing queries and translating these to tangible activities that enable resolution
- Experience in engaging specialist engineering teams
You will gain experience in a high temp, state of the art engineering team focussing on the following areas:
- Product sustainment: Ensuring maintenance and control of the product configuration
- Maintaining design certification and ensuring appropriate trade between qualification and regression testing
- Working closely with Internal/External Design Authorities, Procurement Team and Manufacturing to sustain delivery of existing equipment and raise exceptions where required e.g. engineering impact to cost / schedule / performance
- In Service Support for UK Sky Sabre Launchers; Ensuring design queries are responded to in a timely manner and where required identifying and implementing a control plan
- Product Evolution: Identify and develop opportunities for technical enhancements and agreeing selection criteria to enable the product roadmap
- Industrialisation: Design to Cost improvements; identifying opportunities to reduce UPC across all equipment, employing Design to Cost engineering practises.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.Join a great team!
Weapon System Equipment are responsible for development and delivery of equipment for Land, Naval and Airborne domains, as well as training simulator products. The team work together to secure delivery of the hardware, software and validation for the equipment to time, cost and requirement given by the project.
We work across the entire design lifecycle from Concept to In-service and engage across a wide partner community to achieve this. This gives our employees, a great chance to network across a highly regulated but innovative engineering company and work with our management team to enable areas of personal development and growth.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!