Freedom Electrical Design Services are currently recruiting a Senior Power Systems Engineer to join our team, this is home based but you will be expected to travel as and when required.
The Senior Power Systems Engineer is a senior member of the design delivery team, responsible for delivering a portfolio of Power system study projects associated with the Distribution and Transmission networks and, Connection projects.
The role will require travel to other Freedom offices and client site locations across the UK with overnight stays where necessary - You must have a Driving Licence
- Deliver substation primary plant and cable design projects to targeted levels of quality, timeliness and profitability
- Performing system studies to meet client’s and Distribution Code/Grid Code requirements
- Producing simple and conclusive technical reports
- Carrying out detailed design study work for wind farm connections and Transmission/distribution substations
- Ensuring that work is delivered within time and budget and to the customer’s expectations
- Supporting operational staff and answering technical queries
- Liaising with internal and external clients and suppliers to answer technical queries
- Review the reports and drawings done by Junior Engineers & Mentoring Junior Engineers
- Approver & Checker of Design / Studies
- Carrying out the roles and responsibilities within company’s SHEQ requirements Requirements
You will have:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical/Electronic discipline (Preferred in Electrical)
- Confident in dealing with people at all levels and ability to influence
- Problem solving, analytical and communication abilities
- Excellent budget and financial monitoring skills
- Proactive, good, positive attitude to work with multidisciplinary design team
- Flexible and willing to support others at times when particular organisational priorities take precedence
- Full UK Driving License
Freedom are part of the NG Bailey Group, one of the leading independent engineering and services businesses in the UK. Founded in 1921, with a turnover of £500m and 3000 employees, we are proud of our history of developing great people through our investment in training.
Working across a variety of sectors within the building and infrastructure industry, our innovative, responsible and forward thinking approach allows us to work on fantastic ground-breaking projects, providing solutions using the latest tools and technologies
Progression is something we value and we’ll make sure that when you join us you have a clearly defined development path, supported by regular reviews, training and ongoing support to enable you to be the best you can be.