Freedom Electrical Design Services are currently recruiting a Senior Electrical Design Engineer (Plant and Earthing) to join our team, this role is Home Based, you will be required to Travel with this role
The Senior Electrical Design Engineer is a senior member of the technical team responsible for delivering design of EHV and HV electrical substation primary plant design and detailed earthing survey and design projects both in the UK and internationally, meeting safety, quality, and environmental requirements.
This role is mainly based around delivering earthing design, earthing survey projects and related works along with other plant design work and will involve some site work throughout the UK.
- Carrying out the roles and responsibilities within company’s SHEQ policies
- Deliver substation primary plant and cable design projects to targeted levels of quality, timeliness and profitability
- Earthing Detailed Design along with site survey works
- Knowledge of detailed cable design, cable route feasibility survey etc.
- Clearance diagrams, access drawings
- Seek out innovative solutions to technical problems
- Advice and design work for primary plant including transformers, GIS and AIS switchgear cables and all substation equipment
- Ensure an active safety culture is created and maintain a safe working environment at all times. Operate within the quality assurance manual of Freedom/NGB group or an established project management methodology which ensures the maintenance of equivalent standards
- Attend design reviews to ensure that discipline and excellence is maintained
- Maintain close working relationship with the Finance management team
- Identify any additional business development opportunities which may arise during project delivery
- Preparation, monitoring and delivery of cost budget for projects
- Have sound analytical and numeracy skills including short-circuit forces calculation, cable rating calculations, short-circuit current calculations and lightning protection calculations
- Have a solid understanding of the interface requirements of the civil/structural and OHL aspects of HV substations
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude, with previous experience in mentoring and coaching junior colleagues
- Should be responsible for project delivery independently
- Writing technical proposals
- Good understanding of primary calculations
- Approver and checker of design/studies undertaken by others
- Hands on experience on Protection Design
You will have:
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering - Essential
- Master of Engineering - Desirable
- 8-10 years of working experience in the industry for the key duties and responsibilities mentioned - Essential
- Knowledge of CAD - Essential
- Knowledge of 3D CAD - Desirable
- Knowledge of operating CDEGS, ATP EMTP software - Desirable
- Experience of carrying our earthing surveys and design studies - Desirable
- CSCS Card holder - Desirable Full UK Driving license - Essential About Us
Freedom are part of the NG Bailey Group, one of the leading independent engineering and services businesses in the UK. Founded in 1921, with a turnover of £500m and 3000 employees, we are proud of our history of developing great people through our investment in training.
Working across a variety of sectors within the building and infrastructure industry, our innovative, responsible and forward thinking approach allows us to work on fantastic ground-breaking projects, providing solutions using the latest tools and technologies
Progression is something we value and we’ll make sure that when you join us you have a clearly defined development path, supported by regular reviews, training and ongoing support to enable you to be the best you can be.