WHAT TO EXPECT
As the Lead Calibration Engineer you will be responsible tolead and coordinate the base calibration activities for a combustion engine project for a future electrified powertrain application. As a Base Calibration Lead you will report into the Group Leader and work with Subject Matter Experts, Calibration Engineers and Test Operations to ensure delivery remains on plan, to quality, cost and time. The Base Calibration team is part of the ICE and PHEV Calibration Department within Powertrain and is a key team that cover all JLR Ingenium family engines and partner collaborations. The department is responsible for the delivery of gasoline calibrations that achieve best in class attributes and "robustly" meet the most stringent global emissions standards.
* Calibration of the base engine to meet worldwide requirements for JLR gasoline and diesel engine applications
* Plan and delivery of the full engine base calibration (Air path, Fuel path, Ignition Path, Torque model etc), including validation and robustness
* Deliver to a comprehensive set of targets through detailed / optimised calibrations to meet the overall applications attributes
* Liaise with Project Team to develop and maintain the Base Calibration plan in line with Programme Timescales and needs
* Report and Escalate project issues, status and resource requirements to Project team, Peers and Management.
* Work with Subject Matter Experts and Calibration engineers to ensure there is sufficient resources and support to deliver packages of work on time and to target
* Manage test facility requirements and liaise with test teams to ensure test resource is available and appropriate
* Ensure Calibration control and data acquisition to support Certification and Compliance teams
* Utilise calibration methodologies and tools minimising time to market and reducing the requirement of actual experimental tests in favour to CAE and virtual calibration and validation.
* Liaise and Collaborate with suppliers (e.g. FEV Aachen / Bosch).
* Report the calibration maturity and health through the use of Calibration Management and Status reporting (AVL-CRETA)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
To be successful in the role you will need the following skills and experience:
* Knowledge of Powertrain calibration and controls, ideally to a detailed level
* Proven knowledge and understanding of Engine Calibration from concept through to certification.
* Proven knowledge and understanding of interactions between engine calibration, Engine/PTSE
hardware and vehicle sub-systems.
* Proven knowledge of worldwide emissions standard and requirements
* Demonstration of ability to technically lead a field of electronic controls systems.
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
* Full UK Driving License
* Experience of CAMEO, ETAS INCA and Concerto
* Experienced in the principles of 6-sigma (inc. P-diags, DFMEA)
* Delivery of Engineering and or analytical projects preferably within the automotive industry
* Experience of solving complex technical issues using a structured approach with the ability to identify areas for improvement