We're a truly international company, fourth largest in our industry and operating across 120 markets. An inclusive, innovative global FMCG business supported by over 27,500 employees. As we embrace a new era of growth, we are transforming. Our ways of working and culture are driven by a challenger mindset, constantly questioning the status quo. Our agility and entrepreneurial spirit, alongside award winning development programmes, enable innovation and success while creating exciting and rewarding career choices. As we move forward, our customers will be at the heart of what we do, evolving to needs and expectations and committing to a more meaningful contribution to harm reduction by building a successful NGP business. Integral to our long-term success is our sustainability strategy, behaving responsibly and supporting our ambitions, all underpinned by high governance. Encouraging inclusion at local levels and supporting a developing and robust diversity agenda globally, we’re fully committed to creating and maintaining an environment that celebrates and respects difference.
Working within the Device Engineering Team and reporting to the Electronics Manager. This role will be a technical expert in electronic engineering on New Product Development projects within the R&D pillar of the Innovation function. The role plays a key part in device development for all new product development projects.
- Working within a team of Electronic Development Engineers to develop and deliver prototypes and technical solutions for innovation projects including
- Technical expert in electronic engineering for development and technology projects to deliver against design brief and functional performance
- Developing innovative concepts to solve engineering challenges.
- Managing the prototype design, iterative development, and testing activities to validate these concepts leveraging the capabilities of the team (electronic engineers and technicians)
- Work closely with multifunctional counterparts (Marketing/Category, MSC, Quality and Regulatory) to deliver fit for purpose propositions (Consumer, Cost, Scalability) and ensure technical requirements are clearly understood
- Develop strong relationships with suppliers to enable access to newest technologies and facilitate prototype production and scale up to full production.
- Mentor Electronic Engineers within the team to help build internal skills/capabilities
- Mechanical & Physics, Electronics & Firmware, Discovery, CTI, Design and Formulations Teams
- GSC Realisation
- GSC, Quality and Regulatory teams Packaging Development Teams Project Teams as required
- Key suppliers/partners (prototype and production)
- Consultants, agencies, etc
Key Skills, Education & Experience
- BEng/MEng in Electronic Engineering (or equivalent)
- Very good English language skills
- Multiple full product developments completed (full lifecycle).
- 10 years’ experience in product development.
- Excellent knowledge/experience of manufacturing processes
- Excellent at concept generation – finding innovative solutions to engineering problems
- High level of competence in planning and risk mitigation with large/critical R&D projects
- Microprocessor experience
- Design for low power applications
- Design of Li-Ion battery power devices
- DFMEA Experience.
What We Offer
Competitive salary, bonus scheme, pension, and 25 days holiday (with an additional 4 days on top to cover the Christmas period, and bank holidays), flexible working policy, corporate discounts, Health Cash Plan, and other wellbeing initiatives.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply, highlighting their suitability for the above post.