The Digital Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which protect and enhance the connected world. Everything we do creates a safer future.
We want to solve problems for our customers and by bringing together great minds, we can work together to make the world a safer place.
Enterprise Systems Engineer
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Take on a role that will give you the ability to build and implement solutions with cutting-edge technology
- Full time role based in Australia
- Salary DOE
About the Team:
BAE Systems' Geospatial eXploitation Products (GXP™) software solutions deliver an unrivalled capacity for discovery, exploitation, and dissemination of mission-critical geospatial data, by enabling development of the most advanced geospatial intelligence. At GXP, we’ve experienced a significant growth globally over the past five years. GXP is a small multi-national and multi-cultural team based out of disparate geographical locations and the work culture is akin to a start-up.
About the Role:
GXP builds and deploys large and complex enterprise systems. We are looking for a talented, self-motivated, and experienced Enterprise Systems Engineer to assist all aspects of creating, deploying and troubleshooting the systems we deliver to our clients. If you are looking to take on a role that will give you the ability to build and implement solutions with cutting-edge technology, this is the opportunity for you. This role requires strong communication skills to present and discuss the solution to end users, business owners and product owners. This role is a key member of the BAE Systems Advanced GEOINT Systems (AGS) International team.
What you will be doing:
- Replication of client environment to configure and test GXP solutions.
- Troubleshoot and support customer engagement team as well as clients during deployment.
- Perform installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of customer managed hardware, software or interfaces in staging or test environment.
- Documentation of deployment approaches and lessons learnt.
- Provide business use cases for complex deployment.
- Provide ongoing support of existing environments such as code upgrades, integration to third party.
- Work with Customer Engagement team, and manage time across multiple projects and tasks in a deadline-driven, team environment.
- Participate in discussions with clients and team members about technical best practices and help teams identify optimal technical solutions.
- Works on problems of highly complex scope, through expert usage of non-standard concepts & principles requiring high levels of judgement & interpretation.
Skills and Experience:
- 5 - 7 years of experience with Systems Engineering/Administration.
- Solid understanding of distributed computing techniques with hands on experience.
- Experience in Windows, Linux, Bash Scripting, Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, and virtualization.
- Working knowledge of Defence and National Security organisations is highly desirable
- Understanding of Cloud computing techniques. Experience with AWS Cloud is a plus.
- Commercial experience implementing end-to-end deployment pipelines including an understanding of DevOps principles, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, container platforms and system monitoring.
- Demonstrable programming / scripting experience.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Demonstrated ability to automate manual tasks with scripts and other tools in order to support Test and Customer Engagement teams.
- Experience with the administration of Linux servers, Windows servers, virtual machines and networks using automated configuration management tools.
- Experience working in agile environment.
- Demonstrates the professionalism to reflect on and improve personal performance.
- Ability to document processes, create post-incident reports, stay calm, and support operation escalation issues.
- Must be fluent in English (written, oral, idiomatically).
- Soft skill we are seeking:
- Ability to work as part of a team - both in the context of the Development team, as well as with the greater organisation as a whole.
- Self-motivated and work well under pressure.
- Attention to details.
- Flexible in adapting to uncertainty.
- Motivated to learn.
- Cares about customer success.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence:
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you'll be much more than just a job title; you'll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.