Pay rate: £20.46ph
Shifts Early shift 6-1.30pm & Afternoon shift – 1 – 9pm
Duration: 6 months
Number of Roles: 11
Collins Aerospace is dedicated to redefining aerospace. Relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in the industry. Every day, imagining ways to make the skies and the spaces they touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever.
Are you a hands on Fitter Tester? Collins is an industry leader who provide an excellent service for their customers and are a great place to work! Adecco are recruiting on behalf of Collins for a number of Fitter Testers. The role is a varied position where you will be working on a wide range of machinery and you will be testing, commissioning, and demonstrating the finished products.
Collins operate two shifts a day, with flexibility to work the shit that suits you (Early shift 6-1.30pm & Afternoon shift – 1 – 9pm) with often the opportunity to work overtime!
- Build units and sub-assemblies using mechanical and electrical techniques as required by the appropriate media (Process Plan, drawings and Product Acceptance Test etc.)
- Adhere to the relevant quality procedures and requirements, and participate in events/ investigations as necessary
- Using appropriate test facilities, perform required tests to the relevant specification recording results as necessary
- Capable of performing any process or function within the repair route. Training will be given as required
- Able to assess manufactured features for conformance to requirements, and to declare any non-conformances
- Support the team and team leader in their objectives and to actively participate in improvements
- Transportation of materials, tools and equipment as necessary
- Support continuous improvement deployment of ACE through active participation on Lean Events, Workshops and Continuous Improvement activities.
Experience and Personal Characteristics:
- Apprentice trained or NVQ level 3 or equivalent is essential
- Flexible approach with a willingness to work as part of a team, actively following the ACE operating principles and the Four Gears philosophy.
- Calm under pressure and responsive to change
- Good communication skills
- An enthusiast who is able to work on their own initiative
- Previous knowledge of assembly activities, fitting and testing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively within the working environment
- PC literacy an advantage
- Demonstrable problem solving abilities
From time to time the successful candidate may be required by the Company to perform other tasks which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and, where necessary, training will be given.