Hours: 37 hours per week Mon - Thurs 8 - 16.45 Fri 8 -12
Duration: 6 months
Number of Roles: 3
Our client are dedicated to redefining aerospace. Relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in the industry. Every day, imagining ways to make the skies and the spaces they touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever.
Our industry leading client who provide an excellent service for their customers and are a great place to work require a number of skilled Development Engineer! The role will allow you as a key contributor to the generation of Verification test evidence and demonstrate compliance to our customer requirements. The Development Engineer is responsible for the planning and execution of readiness activities and Qualification testing through strong technical knowledge and excellent organisational skills. Quality of Development deliverables, adherence to procedures and process are key aspects of the role.
- Awareness and Involvement in all aspects of Development EH&S.
- Validation / Interpretation of customer requirements into test definitions and formal Qualification Test Procedures.
- Customer interface for Qualification technical issues.
- Generation of test equipment definitions to support Qualification Test activities.
- Sourcing and management of external test facilities.
- Setting up tests, build of units and mounting units in test rigs.
- Able to perform complex Qualification testing where required monitoring and recording appropriate data throughout.
- Able to understand and interpret test data.
- Drive good housekeeping standards to include 5S.
- Deliver and present results through clear written and oral communication.
- Responsible for the generation and issue of Qualification/Development documentation.
- Contributor to Robust Root Cause Analysis investigations into product test failures or unexpected test incidents.
- Identification of test equipment requirements and oversight of Test Rig and Equipment procurement and commissioning.
- Performing Function/Acceptance tests of Development units.
- Coordination of off-site testing including transportation, assembly and commissioning of all necessary support equipment, and performance of function tests during off-site testing.
- Degree desirable in mechanical or electrical engineering with appropriate experience.
- Operates with the highest level of personal integrity.
- Able to work under own initiative, calm under pressure and responsive to change.
- Logical approach to technical problem resolution and decision making.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literate; familiar with general PC software (e.g. Windows, MS Office).
- Process compliance driven.
- Able to travel (5%)
The successful candidate may be required by the Company to perform other tasks which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and where necessary training will be given.