WHAT TO EXPECT
Working as a key member of the HiL rig test team this role will be testing ECU software at system level such as on vehicle network management, diagnostics and software flashing. This role is key to developing and increasing our rig test capability for our current and future ECU systems. This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic and agile team working across multiple functions of the electronics system.
Key Performance Indicators
* Reduction in ECU system related quality issues
* Increase in ECU software test throughput (Enabled by capable and reliable HiL facility)
* Increase in traditional vehicle tests being carried out in a Hardware in the Loop rig environment
* Reduction in manual effort required to develop automated test scripts (aligning HiL model design with automation processes)
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
As Test Platform HIL Development Engineer you will be responsible for developing the simulation strategy based on test requirement to achieve the departmental virtual validation objectives. Alongside this you will be responsible of specifying the BoM (Bill of Material) to enable the HIL platform setup
You will be providing rig modelling and rig system debugging to support rig commissioning and the customer test request and doing day to day HIL rig maintenance to enable smooth manual and automated ECU software testing; all whilst supporting continuous improvement activity with the goal of improving test efficiency and/or product quality.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* Electronic engineering background preferred and having good software programing skills,
* Ability to collect and summarise customer requirements and align work with strategic themes
* Experience in Python, Vector Canoe, CAPL, VTestStudio modelling and coding,
* Experience to interpret specific test requirements and vehicle circuit diagram into HIL test setup and wiring mapping to enable the ECU software system level test.
* Good knowledge of vehicle architecture and vechicle network knowledge such as CAN, LIN, Flexray, BroadRReach etc.
* Good knowledge of vehicle diagnostics and understanding of ISO standard (ISO 14229-1) of vehicle Unified Diagnostic Services (UDS) protocol,
* Proven skillset on data analysis and reporting of test data.
* Proven project management skills to enable HIL rig planning and efficient delivery
* Degree is preferential but superseded by good hands on experience
* Knowledge of processing tools such as JIRA, Gitlab, SVN are preferred
* Knowledge of dSpace or NI test system is an advantage on top of Vector test system