- Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE)
- Hampshire, England, Basingstoke / Reading, Berkshire, England
- £33850 - £48000 per annum
- Closing date
- 29 Sep 2022
- Aerospace & Aeronautical, Automotive, Design, Manufacturing & Production, Mechanical
- Aerospace & Aviation, Automotive Industry, Industrial, Manufacturing, Nuclear Industry
- Job Type
There has never been a more exciting time to be a Manufacturing Engineer at AWE, a once-in-a-generation chance to design and shape the UK's future nuclear deterrent using innovation and the latest technologies, processes and capabilities whilst enjoying the benefit of a working pattern that gives you every other Friday off!
Manufacturing Engineers (office based)
Location: Reading/ Basingstoke area
Salary: £33,850 - £48,000 (dependent on skills and experience) + allowance
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- AWE Life Insurance
- Salary sacrifice benefits scheme
Working in a highly regulated environment the role of the Manufacturing Engineer is to support our production operations; continuous improvement activities; optimise productivity and reduce cost. This will include the creation and configuration of manufacturing process documentation (designs, drawings, reports, specifications) in accordance with appropriate procedures.
We are interested in hearing from candidates at various stages of their career who can demonstrate experience and knowledge of any of the following:
A detailed knowledge of manufacturing techniques and processes which may include machining, presswork, inspection, moulding and metallurgy
Design to Manufacture (D2M) experience of tooling or equipment including requirements capture and presenting at design reviews
Experience in PFMEAs (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis) and DFMEAs (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis).
Knowledge of materials and their properties
Knowledge of design, components, tool design and manufacture
Knowledge of manufacturing systems, MRP/ERP
An understanding and application of UK Health and Safety Legislation in a Manufacturing or Production environment including quality standards, best practice and procedures
Experience of applying Lean Manufacturing Techniques, Continuous Improvement, Quality Tools and Model Based Realisation
An ability to produce or assist in the production of Manufacturing Documentation (designs, drawings, reports, specification and operating instructions)
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.
We’re looking for talented and ambitious people to join us in our work at the forefront of nuclear defence engineering, science and technology.
To work at AWE is to play a valuable part in keeping our country safe and secure.
Working at AWE gives you access to exceptional technologies, facilities and projects no ordinary company can provide – and the support of world-class professionals at every stage of your career.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert