Lead Software Tools Engineer
- Jaguar Land Rover
- £41600 to £52000 per year
- Closing date
- 30 Sep 2022
- Automotive, Systems
- Automotive Industry, Software & Hardware
- Job Type
- Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are looking for a Lead Software Tools Engineer to work within the Data Analytics Toolset Team, the team are responsible for supporting the Propulsion Controls department with the development of propulsion calibration, simulation toolsets, processes and procedures for streamlining calibration development, data analytics and improving working relationships with suppliers.
As a Lead Software Tools Engineer, you must possess the ability to future-proof the software using a forward-thinking approach and understanding the companywide vision that is essential to maintaining and improving the current toolsets whilst developing new features and functions for a constantly changing environment.
The team are leading simulation, desktop and cloud-based calibration activities internally and externally with major suppliers through the use of Matlab, Simulink and Python-based toolsets.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Develop and agree on what desktop-based toolsets to import, visualize, check and improve data efficiency through the calibration teams
* Manage and utilize CAE data to create vehicle models that improve desktop calibrations
* Experience and or knowledge in transmission, hybrid calibration, controls and software development, powertrain driveline systems and controls
* Development of desktop calibration application with cloud-based backend performing big data scale processing and machine learning
* Experience and or knowledge of modern data analytics, programming and visualization
* Support the vision for the future of data-driven engineering within propulsion controls - from the body of knowledge through to data analysis, visualization and feedback for continuous improvement
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* Understands the importance of data and its analysis in the engineering life cycle - a technical mindset that strives for objective over subjective decisions with data-driven solutions
* A passion for the automotive industry and strong project management capabilities with excellent execution skills and the ability to multitask
* Comfortable challenging with strong influencing and engagement skills - able to challenge existing thinking positively whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
* A resilient and enthusiastic individual that is able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs
* A dynamic and determined individual that is highly driven, committed and results-orientated with significant pace, energy and confidence Able to combine a short-term, pragmatic focus with longer-term planning and vision
* Able to deliver quality and consistency in a complex, highly demanding environment
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Data engineering, analysis & visualisation
* Development of graphic user interfaces with complex, multi-app interactions, the experience of model-view presenter / controller, unit testing & object-oriented programming
* Development of vehicle models using program assumptions e.g. torque vs speed (in & through gear), e-motor performance, vehicle acceleration, physics of motion
* Experience with computing services such as Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Azure, Data Studio, Tableau
* Cloud-based analysis
* Management of scalable end-to-end data ingestion, processing and management pipelines
* Management of server-based and serverless backend data interfaces
* Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Azure
* Software development methodologies, dev-ops and management
* Agile, Scrum, KanBan
* BitBucket, Git, GitHub, JIRA, Confluence
Innovative. Trusted. Pioneering. These three qualities have always summed up Jaguar Land Rover. They have been encapsulated within the performance, luxury and excellence of all our products. They are what every person working for us lives and breathes.
We have been automotive industry pioneers for more than six decades. Jaguar debuted in 1935. Land Rover made its celebrated entrance in 1948.
From then until now, we have been at the forefront of technical innovation in all areas of vehicle development. Through our revolutionary technologies, performance and craftsmanship, we have pushed the boundaries of what the industry considers possible over and over again. Our efforts have led to some of the most iconic nameplates ever to grace the road.
With an ever-evolving history and exhilarating future, this is the place to drive your pursuit for success. This is where you'll push the boundaries of your potential. This is where you'll put excellence in motion.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert