We are looking for additional Senior Data Engineers to join our team working on high-profile projects in the Central Government and Transport sector.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Designs, develops, tests and supports data collection, data integration and ETL applications to make information and data available to key client stakeholders and technical interfaces.
- Understands where the need for tight data controls arises to ensure seamless data flows around the organisation and to minimise future change.
- Models data requirements, data sources and data flows to bring order and structure to programmes of work.
- Defines how and where data is created, mastered and destroyed to ensure proper control over the lifecycle of corporate data assets.
- Understands how to add value to data – for example through data cleansing.
- Understands categories of products (and individual examples) that can be used to collect, integrate, store, visualise and govern data and metadata.
- Defines metadata to provide searchability and governance (including Records Management) for unstructured data.
Candidates should also be able to demonstrate that they are able to:
- Design ETL frameworks and standards for specific ETL programmes and projects.
- Identifiy the required toolset (development and testing) for specific ETL programmes and projects.
- Design and implement the hardware environment required by ETL programmes and projects.
- Develop and test the re-usable components of an ETL framework for specific ETL programmes and projects.
- Undertake the role of lead developer, ensuring the quality and assurance of all ETL code and testing.
- Can undertake the role of delivery lead ensuring that project timescales and quality are met.
- Ensure that the configuration and release management procedures are applied for specific ETL programmes and projects.
- Maintain and apply up to date, specialist knowledge of database concepts (including unstructured, NoSQL and ”big data” platforms), object and data modelling techniques.
- Build a detailed knowledge of the full range of database and data persistence architectures, software and facilities available (e.g. streams).
- Take account of industry specific requirements (e.g. geocoding, for geographic information systems).
- Can utilise a number of ETL tools including Informatica, Ab Initio, Oracle ODI and a number of the Big Data / Open Source Applications
- Understand data-related performance issues.
- Understand data services, data security issues, “privacy by design” and Information Assurance principles.
- Understand master data management patterns and can advise on the right choices for each client.
- Define metadata structures and population techniques that can be used with Enterprise Content Managment solutions in conjuction with organisational policies.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.
Division overview: Corporate Functions
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Corporate Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Corporate Functions enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Corporate Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.