Role - Quality Inspector - Specialist
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £26,550-£36,850 (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
You will Support Quality service delivery through appropriate methods of inspection and evaluation, in support of the requirements of their specific Quality requirements.
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- Carry out inspection activities to meet programme demand and deliver continuous improvement in product quality.
- Support delivery of technical assessments using appropriate methodologies.
- Test and measure materials or products being produced.
- Contribute to the development and validation of Quality methodologies.
- Participation in experimental trials improvement activities and audits, where appropriate.
- Accept or reject finished items.
- Have an excellent eye for detail.
- Report inspection results with those responsible for products.
- Work to company deadlines and targets.
- Engagement with relevant AWE stakeholders and other functions to enhance inspection techniques. Inspect final products to ensure they are manufactured to a high standard.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship or relevant experience.
- ONC or equivalent in a related discipline.
- Capable of developing solutions to issues in a unique manufacturing environment.
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings, technical specifications and standards.
- Ability to generate and improve upon inspection instructions, inspection reports and other specific role documentation.