Buro Happold is recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Building Environments team in our London office.
This role is suited to a candidate from a Buildings background looking for an opportunity to pursue industry leading designs within a vibrant multi-disciplinary practice.
We proudly support hybrid working however candidates will be expected to travel to our London office 2-3 days a week.
Buro Happold wins five 2021 CIBSE Building Performance Awards.
Images: Iwan Baan and Richard Stonehouse.
What sort of projects could I work on?
You will be working on some of the most technically challenging projects in our portfolio - recent examples include…
Stratford Waterfront – A campus of cultural and education buildings within the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park with partners including the V&A, London College of Fashion, the BBC and Sadler’s wells. Now on site, the project was designed in a completely multidisciplinary environment.
Burlington Gardens – A great example of repurposing a heritage building. The project with Foster & Partners architects will deliver a world class retail space in the heart of central London.
Rotterdam Laboratory Project – A new net zero carbon commercial research building in the Netherlands. Challenging the sector norm in terms of energy efficiency whilst delivering high-spec scientific research facilities.
We also have a large portfolio of residential, high-spec' commercial office, transport hubs and mixed-use schemes.
With us, your preconceptions will be tested, your resilience built, and your career enriched.
The role of a Senior Electrical Engineer can be very varied, duties will include but are not limited to:
- Undertake detailed electrical engineering building services design and calculations, using Revit and Amtech software to support your knowledge of exemplar building design and performance, as well as an appreciation of a designs embodied carbon.
- Embrace technologies to improve performance and sustainability to meet to net zero targets by 2030.
- Ensure projects are carried out to an excellent standard, within agreed deadlines and budget.
- Represent Buro Happold at meetings with clients, other professionals, and suppliers.
- Produce and review reports, presentations, models, and drawings to an excellent standard, high level of accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Prepare technical specifications and schedules, design development reports and innovative design solutions.
- Plan and manage input to Revit for production of design work.
- Actively engage with colleagues across disciplines, in group discussions and at events and seminars.
- Mentor more junior team members, potentially leading to an early line management role.
- Autonomously represents Buro Happold to clients, architects and collaborators.
We’ll help you meet your goals, respecting your ideas and fostering your creativity, collaboration and innovation.
As an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer, we would expect that you will be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant building services experience or credentials that will help us meet our goals for delivering highly sustainable buildings.
- Experience as a Lead Electrical Engineer on projects.
- Broad design knowledge, from working on a wide range of projects and using British, US and European codes of practice.
- Experience using common analysis software including Revit, Amtech and IES and willing to quickly learn to use new analysis packages as required.
- Digital engineering skills (e.g. coding) would be advantageous.
- Working towards, or a Chartered Member of IET, CIBSE or equivalent body.
- A Bachelor’s degree BEng/BSc or Master’s degree MEng/MSc in a relevant discipline.
Why Buro Happold?
From helping shape entire cities to adapting infrastructure to deal with the climate emergency, a career at Buro Happold presents the chance to make a difference. With a world class reputation, our creativity and our people have delivered positive change to clients, the environment, and communities. If you want to be part of something bigger, this is your chance.
What we offer:
- Generous holiday entitlement of 25 days per annum, exclusive of Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid working arrangements.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Income Protection.
- Flexible Benefits - including Cycle scheme, Dental insurance, Optical Cover, Travel insurance and Corporate discounts.