AWE is currently recruiting for a Facility Engineer to be responsible for delivering and leading professional engineering services to enable the Principal Asset Engineer in fulfilment of the strategy for the upkeep of all assets and equipment AWE needs in order to deliver the Programme.
Location - Reading area
Package - £42,650 - £62,000 (dependant on suitability and level of experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body
- AWE Life Insurance
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
Leading within our Facility Engineering team, we are looking to appoint experienced HVAC Engineers to deliver professional engineering services within our radiological facilities. This will include:
- Propose and quantify, through various criteria, required works to ensure safety and quality and maximise availability, in accordance with the design intent, as built standards and through life performance; identify and escalate business risk arising from condition of engineered ventilation systems and structures.
- Applying your expertise in HVAC and supporting building services to deliver engineered solutions within the operations lifecycle; use interpersonal skills to collaborate with stakeholders regarding solutions or work packages applicable to the design or decommissioning phases, or through life projects.
- Fulfilling the role of intelligent customer, ensuring business objectives and requirements of managed engineering solutions or activities are met by internal or external service providers. Demonstrate adherence to company management system requirements, relevant technical standards & legislation, and business controls.
- Applying Maintenance & Reliability Principles; enact as directed by planning, output from Failure Modes & Effects Analysis. Analyse relevant metrics and contribute to KPI and other reporting as required. Assist in Reliability Centred Maintenance planning and perform Root Cause Analysis.
We are particularly interested to hear from candidates with experience in some or all of the following:
- Mechanical HVAC & supporting building services (e.g. LTHW, Chilled Water, DX, Compressed Air) within industrial processes or research environments such as clean rooms or containment laboratories; this may also include other pressure cascade systems such as health care. Experience of systems with HEPA filtration and stack sampling an advantage.
- A good awareness of relevant legislation and supporting ACOP, and common industry standards.
- Experience within the higher hazard / regulated industries (e.g. nuclear, petro-chem, pharma etc.) preferred, not essential.
- Membership of an engineering institution and/or Incorporated Engineer or equivalent. Preferred, not essential.
- Minimum qualification L4 NQF (HNC).
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.