Equinix is the one of the largest growing data centre companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide, currently in our 61st quarter of growth.
That’s why we're always looking for creative and visionary people who can help us achieve our goal – global interconnection. With over 190 data centres in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home of the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations, and complex cloud and application solutions.
In the Engineering team at Equinix, we keep the lights on! We are responsible for maintaining the electrical and mechanical infrastructure across the various sites. This is including and not limited to stand by power generators, AC units, chilled water systems. This is a shift position including days and nights.
- In this critical role you will be responsible for the facility infrastructure maintenance
- You will perform the site inspections and monitor the building and datacentre alarms
- You ensure preventative maintenance on site infrastructure is run (e.g. maintenance of primary infrastructures), or handled by vendors with your oversight, managing permit to work system
- You are able to maintain repairs and run corrective maintenance on equipment
- In the role you are also responsible for preparing and carrying out planned maintenance
- Completion of site logs and data gathering including MOPs and scripts are key part of this position
- You will assist more senior staff with responding to all on-site incidents and act as directed
- You may request to begin responding to basic incidents based on own knowledge and experience
- Completes basic work requests and circuit installations
- Participates in ongoing infrastructure projects
- Carry out small works projects i.e. lighting upgrades etc
- You have ONC/BTEC/NVQ or equivalent qualification in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
- You have previous data centre / critical environment experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of critical infrastructure i.e. UPS, generator, BMS, chillers, life safety systems
- You are self-motivated and flexible
Why should you apply?
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the opportunity to purchase more (pro rata for shift positions)
- Insurance and Health: Life Assurance, Income Protection, Critical Illness Insurance, Private Healthcare, Eye Care Coverage and Gymflex Membership
- Investment: Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Company Pension Plan
- Travel: Cycle to Work Scheme and Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Family: Childcare Vouchers and Merlin Entertainment Pass
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or would like to know more about the role, or check out our YouTube page to find out more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.