Here at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we are committed to helping governments, organisations and society navigate digital threats and opportunities. Whether it’s leveraging data to digitally transform operations or securing organisations and nations from cyber threats, we combine our unrivalled security and engineering heritage to help our clients navigate the data-reliant digital landscape.
As the cyber and intelligence arm of BAE Systems, we employ over 4,800 people across 15 countries in North America, APAC, Europe and the Middle East. With our distinguished heritage, we relish the opportunity to transform digital and data practices, defence, intelligence, security and society for government agencies, law enforcement, financial services, and critical infrastructure.
The graduate programme is designed to give you ownership of your career aspirations, supported by training and practical experience to help you succeed. You will be part of our Future Talent Community and be assigned a Career Manager, who will support and guide you throughout your career with us. All of this is designed to complement your career development, fuel your ambition, and give depth to your training and career.
As a Graduate Engineer, you will work as a part of a project team, alongside skilled and experienced individuals who are motivated to train and coach you on the day-to-day skills required to work closely with our customers, both internal and external. You will learn the tools, techniques and approaches used by engineering professionals and apply them in a controlled environment to ensure projects are delivered on time, to quality and to budget. Graduate Engineers will support their team to ensure that engineering practices are followed on all aspects of project definition and delivery.
As a Software Engineer, we expect you to be ready to tackle (and enjoy!) programming tasks from the outset, but we will take the time to mentor you through smaller packages of work and enhancements to our product range. You will work primarily in java, however we always look for the best framework for the job; some of our developments use C# .NET, C++ and HTML5 technologies.
Day to day tasks could include:
• Assisting in the design, test and implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered system
• Overcoming development obstacles to deliver quality code on time
• Helping to specify user/system interfaces
• Assisting in producing detailed designs and documents using required standards, methods and tools
• Understanding and translating business design into a logical design, for a simple software application
• Producing physical designs that describe the required structure and behaviour of a simple software application characterised by low-risk non-functional requirements
Desired Technical Ability
Aptitude in one or more of the following:
• Java - Java JEE, JSP, JSF, EJB, Spring, JDBC
• Microsoft - C#, C++, .NET, SharePoint, ODBC
• Web - HTML, XML, SOAP
• O/S - Linux, Windows
• Mobile – iOS, Android
• You will need to have obtained (in the last 3 years) or be studying towards a 2:2 or above, in a STEM degree
• Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. Due to the nature of our, work successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government Developed Vetting (DV) clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/united-kingdom-security-vetting-applicant
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Clear and effective communication skills
• Articulate, both verbally and in writing
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Objective and logical with an enquiring and creative mind
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Resilience under pressure
• Desire to learn
• Competence in Microsoft Office packages/ IT literate
What’s in it for you?
• Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
• Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
• You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
• You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
• £30,000 starting salary, rising to £35,000 over the course of the programme
• £2,000 welcome payment
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
• CV submission & review
• Digital assessment
• Live Interview
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.