A Fantastic Engineering Opportunity To ‘Power The Transition To A Carbon Free Future’
Powersystems is a leading a high voltage engineering company specialising in electrical power infrastructure, grid connections and renewable generation.
Recruiting for: Electrical Project Manager
Competitive salary dependent on qualifications and experience
This exciting opportunity to join our team has been created because of our continued success and expansion within the marketplace in particular the renewable energy industry. We are looking to recruit an electrical project manager; this role will involve travel within the UK and the willingness to work flexibly out of your standard hours as and when required.
Duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsibility for effective Project Management and delivery across a diverse range of electrical HV projects including liaison with clients, consultants, and their representatives. Produce project construction programmes and manage activities to the construction programme. Attend site project progress, coordination meetings and undertake inspections / audits of site works to monitor quality and progress
- Manage commercial aspects of projects in line with budgets and forecasting budgets for financial reporting
- Ensure project compliance with health and safety adherence including strategic planning and management of projects, produce risk assessments and method statements and undertake safety audits
- Attend site project coordination meetings and undertake inspections / audits of site works to monitor quality, progress, managing commercial aspects of the project in line with statutory requirements
- Management of internal and external resource to ensure project goals and customer expectations are met.
- Building and maintaining relationships with our clients and supply chain partners
- Manage in-house design and engineering teams to generate equipment layouts, designs, cable schedules, testing, and commissioning procedures
- Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers on design, installation, and commissioning. Obtain competitive tenders from the supply chain. Attend manufacturers factory acceptance tests when required
- Attending pre-start and kick off and ongoing client meetings
- Procurement for projects
- Set up and agree a budget for projects
- Organising the logistics of materials and equipment
- Identifying and organising resourcing requirements for projects
- Organising project briefings for on site management
- Complete project review documentation
- Provide proactive support and guidance to all parties on compliance with statutory requirements and company standards
- Manage the interface between Powersystems UK and client / network operator commissioning and third-party engineers
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ relevant experience of Project Management within the electrical contracting or utility industries
- Experience with managing projects from a similar industry
- Able to communicate and influence at all levels
- Able to work effectively whilst under pressure
- Able to assess and identify compliance shortfalls or engineering opportunities within designs
- Able to plan-ahead and prioritise workload
- Able to follow business processes whilst managing multiple time pressured tasks
- Full UK driving licence
- Right to work within the UK without limitation
- Must be available to travel on work related business throughout the UK with occasional overnight stays
- Must hold a full UK driving licence
- Degree, HND in Electrical Engineering or Project Management (or working towards HND).
- Experience of work within the high voltage sector
- Obtained or working towards professional registration with the IET at IENG / CENG level
- Experienced in Management of teams of site personnel
- Open to change, resilient and proactive
Salary and benefits:
- Highly competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications
- Pension contribution
- Private health insurance
- Car allowance scheme or company vehicle provided
- 25 days annual holiday plus paid public holidays
- Benefit from company profit share as a partner in our business
Powersystems UK is an Employee-Owned Business and has a keen interest in the wellbeing and success of all its employees. We will encourage and empower you to be imaginative, share your great ideas and be involved in the future success of our business.
We offer a positive and rewarding working environment, relaxed in terms of some of our approaches, yet highly professional with excellent support mechanisms in place to develop your knowledge and career. If you believe that you have what it takes to power our future together then we wish to hear from you. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.