We are proud of the mission critical systems that we build for our customers and we support them in getting the most from Digital Transformation. This may mean building new systems or improving the integration of existing applications. We are looking for Lead Engineers who are comfortable solving complex technical issues, whilst supporting and assuring the work of others.
We are looking for engineers who enjoy:
- elaborating requirements into technical solutions
- communicating and helping to set the direction across the development team
- providing support and assurance to other developers
- contributes to development, tackling the more challenging tasks and unblocking other engineers.
The Lead Engineer is a vital and exciting role within the team. As the lead engineer, you will find yourself with a set of responsibilities spanning between Software Engineering and Solution Design. To be successful, along with strong engineering skills, you will be an excellent communicator.
- Preferred technologies
- Front end: React
- Engineering / Development experience across chosen technologies with:
- Experience with soluition design and elaborating customer requirements n
- Experience providing assurance to a development team -
- Support and coach development team through complex technical challenges.
- Experience working in DevOps model with Agile ways of working.
- Experience with Application Design
- Prioritises tech debts and brings them into grooming session supporting prioritisation with the Product Manager
- Advises on industry best practice and maintains an architecture roadmaps
- Support the development team by providing low-level elaboration of new features.
- Communication: a strong communicator who is able to:
- Represent the application and its architectures to Snr stakeholders
- Summarise technical detail and considerations to client business and product stakeholders
- Collaborates with the engineering teams at a technical level
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.