About the role
Title: Control Room Policy Engineer
Location: Warwick, (Hybrid)
National Grid Electricity Transmission (NGET) is at the heart of energy in the UK. The electricity we provide gets the nation to work, powers schools, and brings energy to life. Our energy network connects the nation, so it’s essential that it’s continually evolving, advancing, and improving.
In NGET we are passionate about both operating our network safely and providing highly reliable quality of supply for our customers.
At the heart of achieving these outcomes is effective management of our network; the way we operate it, the way we plan it, the way we maintain it, and the way we manage risk.
This exciting role of Control Room Policy Engineer is responsible for developing, maintaining, and implementing a portfolio of policy and procedures, and for the completeness and accuracy of the policies and procedures within their portfolio and providing expertise, guidance and support in relation to queries on Safety, Operations, or resilience of the network.
- Superb analytical skills and attention to detail, a natural problem solver
- Experience of Policy writing, implementation, training and embedding into the ways of working
- Knowledge of Transmission System Configuration and High Voltage equipment
- Previous experience in Control Room Operations, or a Planning Function
What you'll get
- A salary of £45,000 - £56,000 dependant on capability
- Annual Performance Based Bonus
- 37-hour week, with Hybrid working model between Home and Office (Warwick)
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to 26 after two years’ service) plus eight statutory days
- The option to buy additional or sell holiday days
- Generous contributory pension scheme - we will double-match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%
- Financial support to help cover the cost of professional membership subscriptions, course fees, books, exam fees and time off for study leave – so long as it’s relevant to your role
- Access to several flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving to name a few
- Family care benefits including a back-up care service for when your usual care arrangements fall through (six paid days each year as standard with the option to purchase further days)
- Access to a numerous apps which support health, fitness and wellbeing
National Grid Electricity Transmission (NGET) is at the heart of energy in the UK. The electricity we provide gets the nation to work, powers schools and brings energy to life. Our energy network connects the nation, so it’s essential that it’s continually evolving, advancing, and improving.
In NGET we are passionate about both operating our network safely and providing highly reliable quality of supply for our customers. At the heart of achieving these outcomes is the effective control and operation of our network.
The closing date for applications is 5th October 2022.
At National Grid, we work towards the highest standards in everything we do, including how we support, value and develop our people. Our aim is to encourage and support employees to thrive and be the best they can be. We celebrate the difference people can bring into our organisation, and welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds, and offer flexible and tailored support, at home and in the office.
Our goal is to drive, develop and operate our business in a way that results in a more inclusive culture. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, the innovation from diverse teams & perspectives and business need. We are committed to building a workforce so we can represent the communities we serve and have a working environment in which each individual feels valued, respected, fairly treated, and able to reach their full potential.