Senior Mechanical Engineering Technician
Salary: £31,931 - £34,709 gross per annum, plus specialist allowance of up to £2000
Banding: UKRI Band D
Benefits: 30 days holiday + 8 bank holidays + 2.5 privilege days + exceptional defined average salary pension + excellent work life balance
Location: Daresbury Laboratory- Warrington
Contract Type: Open ended
Hours: Full Time - We understand the importance of work-life balance and are happy to discuss the possibility of flexible working with applicants.
Closing Dates for applications: 28th September 2022
Come and do the kind of engineering that made you want to be an engineer. Stretch your technical skills while building human understanding. Promote sustainability and create new materials. And, alongside world-leading scientists and technologists, shape projects that improve lives, and daily life, in the UK and far beyond.
Put simply, come and discover the impact you can make when you're equipped, encouraged and inspired to perform to your very best.
The Metrology and Technical Engineering Group (MMTE) part of the Engineering Technology Centre (ETC) within the Technology Department at STFC's Daresbury Laboratory are currently looking for senior mechanical engineering technicians to join our knowledgeable team working in an exceptional environment with access to first class training and an excellent work life balance.
This role will directly support the MMTE portfolio and the UK's contribution to the PIP-II project. By working closely with the STFC's PIP-II project team and our In-Kind partner (Fermilab); you will be reviewing prototype assembly methods; engineering drawings; developing and following defined processes/procedures; comply to meet standards; assembly and testing of all equipment required in the construction of SRF cryomodules.
To succeed you will need a broad understanding of engineering, hands-on mechanical experience and welding fabrication capability.
- Recognised Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship or demonstrable equivalent
- ONC level engineering qualification or extensive equivalent experience
- Experience of working within an ISO9001 or similar quality environment
- Background knowledge of particle accelerator type or other advanced scientific or engineering technologies
- Experience welding assemblies (Fillet Wields and Lip Welds) to meet EN 15614-1 requirements
- Experience welding cryo / vacuum assemblies
- Working knowledge or experience of particle accelerator type technologies and instrumentation
- We are offering a permanent position with a whole host of benefits including:
- 30 days holiday (in addition to 10.5 bank holidays and privilege days).
- Flexible working hours.
- An excellent defined average salary pension scheme.
- Employee shopping/travel discounts.
- Excellent learning and development opportunities.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are invested in creating an environment that is welcoming and supportive of all, to help us achieve the highest possible standards in our work and organisation together. In this regard, we encourage applications from under-represented groups.
We ask some of the biggest questions in the universe, to answer some of the biggest challenges in the world. Together, our scientists, technologists, engineers and business support team explore the unknown across every field you could think of. And they turn what they find into work that changes the world around us.
What could you achieve with the world-leading facilities and experts of one of Europe's largest research organisations by your side? Join us and discover what's possible.
The Closing date is 28th September 2022 (NB: some interviews may take place before the closing date for strong candidates).