The Applied Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which protect and enhance the connected world. Everything we do creates a safer future. We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
An Infrastructure Engineer must understand the architecture, design, delivery, operation and control of IT infrastructures (typically hardware, operating systems, data storage on various media, and all equipment within wide and local area networks) required to deliver and support IT services and products to meet the needs of a business.
This includes the preparation for new or changed services, operation of the change process, the maintenance of regulatory, legal and professional standards, the building and management of systems and components in physical, virtualized or hybrid computing environments (on-prem, public, private and hybrid clouds) and the monitoring of performance of systems and services in relation to their contribution to business performance, their security and their sustainability. This role is to support sales and delivery of BAE Systems Cross Domain technologies and products including (but not limited to) the design, build, operation and support of IT infrastructures with a primary focus on customer support (upgrades) as well as project based work.
Ensuring the infrastructure enables business activity through the architecture, design, implementation, monitoring, availability and capability of various components to ensure services are seamlessly available as required to carry out normal business tasks.
Understanding of and working practice in Agile and DevOps environments.
- Carries out agreed operational procedures of a progressive nature, under instruction
- Contributes to maintenance, installation and problem resolution
- Carries out virtual and physical infrastructure/network/storage builds and rebuilds
- Contributes to the creation, improvement and maintenance of accurate documentation
- Provides pro-active maintenance of IT platforms, ensuring secure and efficient operation, following recognized best practice
- Contributes to the build and implementation of small / medium sized projects following detailed architectural designs, contributing to the test and transition to the target solution
- Assists in the preparation of detailed technical delivery plans.
- Supports knowledge sharing amongst other team members
- Supports continuous improvement through feedback on existing processes, and proactively proposing process and template improvements
- Mentors Graduate engineers, developing them by providing guidance and support in Cross Domain technologies and estimation activities
- Provide software support knowledge in conjunction with a CDS Software SME – focus on Java technologies
- Fulfils support obligations with a level of autonomy to ensure customer ongoing missions are always operational
- Supports knowledge share amongst team members
- Contributes to the planning and implementation of maintenance and installation work including building and management of systems and components
- Takes responsibility for agreed support and maintenance procedures at customer sites
- Provides technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures
- Ensures the resolution of operational problems and incidents in line with Service Level Agreements
- Identifies operational problems and contributes to their resolution
- Participates in customer workshops and meetings for identification and/or elaboration of scope and requirements
- Contributes to proposed designs for Cross Domain solutions addressing customer scope and requirements
- Contributes estimates for design, build and testing activities to support project delivery planning and costing
A PV Australian security clearance is required, or the ability to acquire one
Qualifications in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering or a similar level of demonstrated contemporary software and infrastructure engineering competence is highly desired.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.