What you’ll be doing:
- Analysis, design and delivery of solutions to meet programme, business and customer requirements
- Applying engineering expertise to solve complex engineering problems
- Leading, inspiring and developing engineering teams
- Knowledge of the latest technologies and how they can be applied to complex problems
- Building relationships with customers and partners
- Leading the engineering aspects of winning bids
- Promoting the development and evolution of innovative ideas to provide new products and solutions
Your skills and experiences:
- The ability to lead on technical solutions through the whole lifecycle from concept to in-service
- Prior experience of providing technical leadership of engineering/system engineering teams
- Experience of integrating commercial of the shelf technologies
- Understanding of information systems and architectures
- Delivery, installation, and maintenance of Military IT equipment
- Understanding of development frameworks and software implementation
- Understanding of Information Assurance (IA) and Cyber security, or security architectures
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
Can be based at any of our BAE Systems UK sites in the South West. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements.
The Defence Information team:
Customers increasingly demand information and technology solutions delivering advantage, communications, planning, operations and cyber protection. C5ISR within Digital Intelligence is where we design and build cutting edge IT solutions for incorporation into products and services.
This is a technical role requiring expertise in the design, development and delivery of secure information or communication systems using the latest technologies. Working closely with the Project Manager and Engineering Manager the team help to successfully deliver our customer commitments, having the technical ability, aptitude and confidence in this strong customer facing role.
Whilst lead an engineering team and be responsible for requirements, design, implementation and delivery, in conjunction with product safety, security and certification, ultimately you will be leading solution development and integration in one of the most cutting-edge areas of BAE Systems. You can also have the opportunity to gain a professional registration as a Chartered Engineer.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.