BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
Apprentice DevOps Engineer – Level 4 Apprenticeship
Start date: September 2023
Base location: Guildford, London
It is now argued that DevOps is one of the most sought after skillsets in the industry, surpassing that of the range of data science disciplines. At its simplest, DevOps is a philosophy and way of working that brings together two historically disparate parts of the IT organisation, namely those who develop the software and those who are then required to support it in the live environment.
This Apprenticeship is designed to develop individuals with the required capability to become a DevOps Engineer with BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. On completion of your training you will be taking responsibility for all aspects of the development and operations process – the design, build, test, implementation, release and continual iteration of products.
The programme will provide you with the technical knowledge and interpersonal skills to work with confidence in a wide variety of challenging business environments. You may have some experience within IT, or you might be a Graduate or non-Graduate who has a passion for IT. If you have a genuine passion for technology and continuous learning, this could be the programme for you.
Whilst you progress through this Apprenticeship, we will support you through the UK Security clearance process, which will allow you to work with our more sensitive projects in support of our clients: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
The DevOps Apprenticeship is delivered in partnership with Estio, candidates will learn and develop together and feel part of the programme from day one. On completion of the initial 16 week training phase, learners will then deploy into projects within the business.
Key Programme features
- An integrated programme delivering learning that supports a strong sense of progression, continuity and collaboration whilst building IT excellence.
- A strong foundation in practical interpersonal and business skills
- Working in teams utilising Agile methodologies
- Industry recognised qualifications including: Level 4 DevOps Engineering apprenticeship
- Subject Matter Experts (SME's) imparting experience and knowledge to ensure you have the skills to succeed
- Practical experience of hands-on learning to solve real life business challenges
What’s in it for you?
- Industry leading intensive training by Estio for 16 weeks, supporting your development to becoming a skilled, work-ready DevOps Engineer. This training will be virtual and a laptop will be provided for use during the course.
- On completion of the training you will have completed a varied course of topics, required to be a competent DevOps Engineer.
- Support and mentorship from BAE Systems subject matter experts
- A demanding and rewarding career – making the world a safer place.
Reward & Benefits
- £18,000 starting salary
- Regular salary uplifts throughout the programme
- Fully funded training
- 25 days holiday per year, with the option to buy/sell additional days
- Pension scheme
- Car lease and share schemes
- Pick and mix benefits package
- Wide variety of development and training opportunities.
- Numerate – demonstrated by GCSE Mathematics (or equivalent) at grade C (or equivalent) or above
- Literate – demonstrated by GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade C (or equivalent) or above
- Be able to demonstrate a passion for IT
- STEM A-Level, BTEC or Level 3 Apprenticeship in a similar subject
Should your initial application be successful, you will be contacted by the recruiter with further information. Likely assessment activities include:
- CV submission & review
- Aptitude testing
- Virtual interview
- Medical & Security checks
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.