WHAT TO EXPECT
The Operations Lead role resides within the Digital Business Operations team and will focus on providing financial and operational oversight to the RUN and project activities. A core part of the role will be to monitor and challenge the operational and finance teams to ensure adherence to the fiscal year targets and KPIs. Working closely with central Finance and Digital operations team members, this role will be holding Delivery Leads and Product Managers accountable to their commitments and ensuring Digital actively manages its financial obligations and risk exposure.
Under the Digital 2024 transformation programme the aim is to transition from traditional cost centre management to Product Budgets. This position will be required to develop the methodology to support this new way of working, ensuring the underlying processes evolve to accommodate this future vision and align with industry best practice. This will require ownership and oversight to embed the processes within Digital and across the wider business. This role actively drives continuous improvement and provides education on key commercial matters e.g. business cases, payback, capex/opex, commercial arrangements to ensure the function deliver their commitments.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Drive standardisation of financial project management across Digital, identifying and implementing process improvements
* Track both consumption and future demand for the operational Run target
* Manage the process and governance around operational/overheads target setting, tracking and KPI reporting
* Development and review of financial business cases, using NPV, IRR and ROI.
* Define and champion effective operational finance processes for a Product Funding model
* Manage relationships with key stakeholders, developing positive relationships, ensuring that service and process objectives are delivered
* Ensure a high level of financial awareness so that expectations around financial management changes are embedded - culturally, operationally and procedurally.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their Line Manager in connection with their job as may be requested
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* Demonstrable experience in financial management with risk and financial controls
* Business case development and assessment (understanding NPV, Payback, IRR)
* Experience of working in a fast-paced environment, including implementing strong processes and controls
* Excellent stakeholder management skills, ability to influence and engage a wide range of stakeholders
* Challenge stakeholders and ensure delivery of benefit realistion plans
* Excellent business acumen and the ability to understand commercial and operational risk and make decisions that deliver the best outcomes for JLR.
* Comfortable proposing, initiating, and implementing change with excellent organisation and process management skills
* Good MS Office suite: Word, PowerPoint and Excel and experience of Google tools
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience
* Knowledge of key financial business systems and processes, e.g SAP