WHAT TO EXPECT
We are looking to recruit a Program Quality Senior Engineer into a new and exciting role within the Program Quality team of Body Chassis Engineering Quality, to support the overall mission of:
"BCE quality will lead quality Engineering disciplines and drive industrialization of high performing Body Chassis components and integrated systems which provide an outstanding customer experience, maintaining best in class quality for the life of the vehicle with rapid continuous improvement mindset and delivery"
The role will require travel between Gaydon and Halewood in Liverpool
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Lead in flight program quality workstreams, underpinned by robust application of Failure Mode Avoidance (FMA) tools and Engineering sign off.
* Drive improvement into current car in flight engineering programs and engineering toolsets through continuous application of prevent occurrenceAdopt "voice of the customer" to ensure key issues are addressed
* Support EBER reviews - evidence of FMA for lessons learnt issues from on cycle programs.
* Review new content to help drive out failure mode in new technology / systems.
* Lead disciplined application of FMA tools through the system V from requirements to verifying delivery and adherence to control and reaction plans for all EBC critical X's into both supplier and manufacturing functionsEnsuring that key inputs are included in all FMA activities (e.g. system controls)
* DVA studies for key BCE systems are green, with focus on key critical X cascade
* "Evidence of goodness" - drive critical X capability reporting on key system requirements
* ES-Test - drive cross functional control plans and system capability.
* Review key quality processes (e.g. EBER / DRBFM) to ensure that key FMA activities are being completed, to the expected levels.
* Responsible for driving key quality deliverables for the on-cycle program launch programs to ensure that in plant launch gateways are met with minimal disruption, and key quality metrics are achieved.
* Be assigned to one or more specific Agile Group teams, and work across squads to support key workstreams to ensure quality metrics are achieved.
* Identify "risk areas" where wider BCEQ team skills could be utilized and manage support structure.
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* Broad experience of Mechanical and mechatronic systems and / or commodities and of vehicle Body Chassis systems.
* Ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels within the organization, and cross functionally.
* Capable of working in a reactive and pressured environment where rapid turnaround of issues is expected.
* Proven ability to lead and motivate cross functional teams to work towards a common goal.
* Must have a full licence and own transport and be happy to travel between Gaydon and Liverpool
* Highly competent with tools and techniques relating to robust problem resolution (e.g. 8D & 6 Sigma).
* The aptitude to learn and develop best practice tools & processes in self and others.
* Good level of understanding of Plant (Build and Off-track), Service and Vehicle Logistics processes