WHAT TO EXPECT
As a Technical Specialist you'll own the strategy for delivering data driven approach to ride attribute development.
We expect you to lead projects and research activity pertinent to the role as well as develop the skills of team members including mentoring, coaching, creating and running training.
You will need to demonstrate leadership, teamwork, communication, business acumen, credibility and assertiveness behaviours.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Drive improvements in ride attribute
* Work together with other CoC's to ensure synergy in target cascade and target delivery resulting in no late changes
* Continuously assess confidence in data driven vehicle development to improve quality, accelerate feedback loops and enable virtual processes to replace physical development
* Keep abreast of state-of-the-art objective test and CAE techniques in the industry and related industries and use this to keep Jaguar Land Rover at the forefront of data driven vehicle development
* Lead development of vehicle characterisation techniques to ensure strong subjective to objective correlation, inform engineering decisions and accelerate development iteration cycles
* Identify current and future gaps in Jaguar Land Rover vehicles ride performance and use these to support attribute futuring, research programmes and commodity strategy
* Develop the organisation's ride body of knowledge and mentor engineers to develop their skills in vehicle ride physics, characterisation, perception and tuning
* Disseminate ride knowledge across Jaguar Land Rover to support company-wide awareness and skills development
* Act as technical expert to support programme problem resolution
* Champion systems engineering process and logic
* Create and maintain standards, requirements and test procedures
* Develop a comprehensive network of Technical Specialists and global technical community by local engagement, participating in conferences etc
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* In depth knowledge of vehicle dynamics and ride in particular
* Excellent knowledge of vehicle dynamics objective test methods and CAE tools employed in vehicle dynamics
* Proven subjective evaluation skills for vehicle dynamics and ride in particular
* Good working knowledge of driving simulator
* Experience of developing and deploying metrics at both vehicle and system level
* Ability to drive research activities to the benefit of future vehicle's ride performance
* Experience of solving complex technical issues using a structured approach and using problem solving tools and data
* Ability to clearly communicate highly complex technical matters at all levels of the company
* Strong leadership and influencing skills
* Ability to drive quick resolution of task force
* Proven delivery experience in vehicle dynamics utilising strong people management skills
* Proven track record of applying Systems Engineering process and logic
* Vehicle ride development experience
* Preferred educated to a degree level in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering and have significant working experience.