The role of the Technical Consultant is to provide the critical skills necessary to implement, integrate, upgrade, administer, support and extend BAE Systems’ in-house suite of products. They take ownership of one or more areas of delivery within proof of concepts, analysis and design phases, refreshes, implementations and upgrades. Technical Consultants participate in client workshops and have a good knowledge of the technologies and tools associated with configuring and deploying the product.
We are looking for a dynamic professional who enjoys working in a fast paced organisation. The ideal candidate should be a fast learner and be able to work independently. They should be a proactive problem solver and have the ability to converse at all levels of stakeholder engagement.
- Participates in technical workshops during the initiation and definition stages a of project
- Create project development and testing environments mirroring the hardware and software stack to be used on client site
- Configure the NetReveal product as defined in the design document
- Be responsible for the management of source control on the project or work with the release manager on the project to allow for source and version control
- Adhere to the company delivery assurance process and governance
- Trouble-shoots environmental issues that arise in the course of deploying/configuring software
- Perform data management and unit testing
- Support the services QA team by delivering test defects and clarify test plans and cases
- Support the client through SIT, UAT, performance and security testing phases
- Perform packaging of solution, document installation instructions/notes and perform package deployment
- Supporting of the clients during installation packages into client environments.
Key Skills Requirements:
- Candidate must be a Malaysian National / Foreign national with RP or PR
- Candidate must have minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Experience working in a technical trouble shooting environment
- Previous knowledge of installing software, creating test environments
- Good knowledge of SQL and in-depth experience of Databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL Server and Postgres
- Good knowledge of application servers such as WebSphere, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, JBoss
- Good knowledge of Unix (Solaris, AIX, Linux, HP UX)
- Exposure and familiarity with software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Desirable Skill Requirements:
- Working knowledge in the NetReveal product or any other similar financial compliance and fraud prevention product
- BA/BS degree or foreign equivalent
- Performance tuning at a database level
- Understanding of Java and J2EE architectures
- Knowledge of XML and real time messaging queues and systems
- Exposure to the Financial/Banking and/or Insurance related industry
#regular #DIcareers #hiring
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.