WHAT TO EXPECT
The purpose of this role is to lead Exterior and Interior Lighting visualisation method development and to apply these methods on new vehicle programmes, coordinating with Mechanical CAD and Optical CAE specialists.
The role will involve utilising virtual engineering visualisation tools (e.g. 3DEXPERIENCE, 3DX Live Render, Unreal Engine) to lead the visualisation of Exterior and Interior Lighting concept engineering models and aid problem resolution within cross-functional Agile Squads.
Reporting into a Group Leader, the role requires the individual to develop new virtual methods and toolsets, and to lead the early appearance simulations of lighting components across specific programmes.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Responsible for the virtual toolset development and visualisation of Interior and Exterior lighting components.
* Carry out appearance rendering and appearance feasibility analysis during early design maturation in support of vehicle package development, concept lamp development, design studio surface development, Jaguar Land Rover optical requirements, Jaguar Land Rover lighting strategy and legal requirements.
* Ensure that lighting 3D data, simulations and measurements meet Jaguar Land Rover quality requirements, and that Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers provide robust data to meet internal gateways.
* Manage the creation Associative Vehicle Architecture models and development of appropriate standards and methods
* Support Lead Engineers with rectification of issues.
* Support component sourcing.
* Provide input into new feature development.
* Provide input into new standards development, and new Product Design Specifications.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* Significant experience of using automotive virtual engineering design and visualisation tools
* Technical and practical knowledge of Body Engineering commodities
* Previous programme delivery experience, with strong influencing and engagement skills
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
* Experience of concept generation and cross functionality problem resolution
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of specific car components, or systems and sub-systems
* Project management skills