Prototype Planning is combining the elements of prototype build planning, programme preparation and delivery. Working as part of the wider Prototype Operations team, you'll own the delivery of assigned prototype programs from conception through to delivery.
You'll cover all prototype planning and build preparation activities. You'll need to demonstrate a dynamic leadership to enable and coordinate, a highly motivated team to ensure a flawless approach to all prototype delivery, whilst liaising with many core business functions. You'll have responsibility of maintaining each project on the required timings; to deliver a clean and successful build start, engaging with and raising issues where appropriate, systematically challenging the norm and improving processes.
You'll need excellent communication and interpersonal skills with self-confidence to constructively challenge delivery up to and including, Vehicle Line Director level. You must have the drive and determination to succeed, with minimum supervision including possessing a track record of process improvement and in Project Management of multiple concurrent complex projects.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Schedule creation and maintenance of all prototype builds
* Accurate and timely BOM validation for prototype builds and downstream change management process is adhered to and developed in line with business needs
* Data driven readiness of programmes can be given in line with build facility expectations and timings
* Planning & demonstrating requirements for successful quality of event at prototype build start
* Raising any issue as part of build preparation which may impact success of build (based on agreed targets), targeting resolution of the issues and escalating where appropriate
* Represent platform planning in senior forums where appropriate
* Have overall responsibility for maintenance of prototype workplan, vehicle cost and quantity synthetics
* Work closely with and influence many functions across our business, to deliver the best outcome for JLR
* Support senior internal operational reviews to provide detailed build definition, status and direction to key stakeholders within Engineering Operations
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* A working knowledge of prototype BoM creation process
* A working knowledge of vehicles, systems and the software they require
* An excellent working level understanding of Prototype Build Process and methodologies
* A sound and proven record in using data to drive process and efficiency improvements
* A ‘Can do' attitude, balancing many customer / business needs
* Drive to succeed and ability to operate in an autonomous way