The successful candidate will be joining the Classified Infrastructure Team with responsibility for addressing infrastructure support issues, maintaining and managing the overall performance and availability of the Classified networks and other hosted systems. Providing support to users at all levels of the organization will form a key element of this role.
- Administering a virtualised production environment.
- Installation and support of hardware (including servers, thin clients, PC's, network hardware, printers, telephones).
- Installation and support of software (including desktop & server applications)
- Resolving incidents within agreed service levels.
- Technical input into infrastructure changes following change management processes.
- Support for Exchange, Active Directory, VMWare, SharePoint & Citrix platforms.
- Network support for Cisco environments.
- Identify underlying problems discovered during day-to-day operations, raising them with the Classified Infrastrucure Manager and managing them to resolution.
- Complete routine operations schedules for servers, server applications, databases, systems and network elements using established and repeatable procedures following corporate standards and requirements. Updating or writing additional material as required.
- Design and assurance
Education / Experience
At least two of:
- MCSA / MCSE (preferred).
- CCNA / CCDA.
- 3-5 years experience working in a busy IS Department or other relevant work experience.
Install, configure & support Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012 & 2016, Active Directory, Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2019 SQL 2005, 2008, 2012 & 2014, Windows 7, 8.1 & 10
Install, configure & support of VMWARE (Infrastructure 5.5 and higher)
Networking & Security – TCP/IP, DNS, Firewall
Install, Configure & Support Citrix, PVS, Appsense
Install, configure & support of Linux (Cent OS, Redhat & Debian) UNIX
Networking & Security – MPLS, VPN (IPSec & SSL), client security.
Administration and support of SAN Environments.
The successful candidate will also have experience with a variety of IT administration & management applications.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Capable of handling multiple priorities in fast paced surroundings.
- Ability to work to challenging deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in an international environment.
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to pro-actively take the initiative and work independently with little supervision, and also to be part of a collaborative team where ideas & skills are shared.
- Ability to acquire new skills quickly and learn on the job.
- Ability to fully assess the impact of making changes on existing environments
- Professional / flexible individual that can adapt quickly to changing requirements or priorities and where necessary divert to assist other teams/projects.
- This role may require travel to our international / regional offices for work on remote sites.
- The successful candidate will be up to date with trends in IT and be able to relate these to business goals.
- Lifting & moving of equipment may be required during the course of work.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.
Division overview: Functions
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Functions teams enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.