Electronics Controls Engineer
Salary: £31,931 to £34,709 (dependent on skills and experience). A Specialist Allowance of up to £3000 per annum is also available for this role.
Hours: Full Time.
Contract Type: Open Ended.
Location: Science and Technology Facilities Council, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Harwell, Oxfordshire
Come and do the kind of engineering that made you want to be an engineer. Stretch your technical skills while building human understanding. Promote sustainability and create new materials. Alongside world-leading scientists and technologists, shape projects that improve lives in the UK and far beyond.
Put simply, come and discover the impact you can make when you're equipped, encouraged and inspired to perform to your very best.
Discover the science your skills can enable by bringing your engineering experience to our ISIS Neutron and Muon Source. At this world-leading scientific research centre, each problem requires a unique solution, taking advantage of the latest technologies. Our engineers and technicians have the freedom to choose their own solution, and the responsibility to take it to completion.
Working as a Controls Engineer at this facility, you will be involved in the design, development and test of mission critical systems. You will write and maintain software to run our embedded systems and alongside your team, work on projects that redevelop or upgrade our remaining legacy systems.
We are looking for someone with:
- Strong analogue electronics knowledge including filter design, signal conditioning, signal acquisition/processing and circuit analysis techniques.
- Strong digital electronics knowledge including design of programmable logic devices and microcontroller based designs.
- C/C++ programming experience.
- Excellent verbal communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts effectively
What we offer
We are offering a permanent position with a whole host of benefits including:
- 30 days holiday (in addition to 10.5 bank holidays and privilege days)
- Flexible working hours.
- An excellent defined average salary pension scheme
- Employee shopping/travel discounts
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Visa Sponsorship for candidates applying outside of the UK
Plus many more benefits and wellbeing initiatives that enable our employees to have a great work life balance!
UKRI is an Equal Opportunity & Disability Confident Employer.
We ask some of the biggest questions in the universe, to answer some of the biggest challenges in the world. Together, our scientists, technologists, engineers and business-support team explore the unknown across every field you could think of. They turn what they find into work that changes the world around us.
What could you achieve with the world-leading facilities and experts of one of Europe's largest research organisations by your side? Join us and discover what's possible.
How to apply:
For full details on the role, please visit our careers site. Please submit an application including your CV and a Cover Letter that clearly showcases how your skills and experience align to the requirements of the role. If you experience any difficulties with applying online, please contact us on or call us on 07840 857754.
Closing Date: 2nd October 2022